Vortex Optics Review

SlowRain

I had bought a pair of Vortex Viper HD binos last year before deer season. I was actually considering spending the money to buy Swarovski, but after looking at these, I found it was tough to spend 2500 when I was seeing pretty close to the same performance out of the Vortex which was just under 600. I wasn't disappointed using them. I am sure a purist would find a difference, but it wasn't that different between the two to me.

This year I bought a Vortex HS-T 4-16x44 scope. I was a bit disappointed as it would not hold zero. The first shot after bore sighting hit pretty much where I expected and after making an adjustment, the next shot was 6 inches off. All I could figure was something was loose inside. I used a laser to bore sight at 50 yards, fired a shot, put the laser back in and the crosshairs had shifted several inches.

I sent the thing back to Vortex, and their customer service is excellent. I had a replacement inside of a week.

Mounted the new one and ended up with a 3 shot group I could easily cover with a quarter. Kimber Mountain Ascent in 270 Winchester using Barnes VorTx 130 gr.

There is something to be said for a company that stands behind their products, and Vortex does. I recommend a look at them if you're shopping.

wareagle700

I have had nothing but great experiences with Vortex products. I have a 5-20x50 Razor HD scope as well as a Viper HD spotting scope. Both have excellent glass, build quality, and Vortex backs their products as good or better than anyone in the business.

Studawg170

Vortex Strikefire is the best "cheap" red dot.....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Klondike

The Diamondback binocs for $230 are tough to beat

Fenderbuilt27

I bought a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50 three years ago. I now have four of there scopes, a Viper HS 2.5-10x44, a Viper HS LR 4-16x44 and a Viper PST 1-4x24. They are great scopes and you can't beat the warranty/customer service.

Gaswamp

been thinking about giving them a try on the binocs.