Warwoman Bonus Hunt Dec 1-4

sb1010

When I was fishing at Pine Log last summer, I told some of the mountain bike guys about the land sale and future development. They had not heard about it. But thought it was a real bad thing. Pine Log is used for things other than hunting/fishing. I was hoping this issue would get more attention.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
This thread has been cleaned up, and it will stay clean.

OP, sorry your thread got derailed.

AllTerrainAngler

Nice! I’m not gonna be there, but I just saw a Pinelog hunt that starts on Wednesday which is my day off, so I think I’ll be there this time.

Good luck and take the blessings that fall your way!
Did you have any luck? I tried to scout today and every access point I tried was a no go. Courthouse gap just got new gravel and even in 4wd I was sliding backwards. The other access I tried was washed away pretty bad. Tomorrow I’m going to try another route and go in from the northeast end.

Doug B.

Did you have any luck? I tried to scout today and every access point I tried was a no go. Courthouse gap just got new gravel and even in 4wd I was sliding backwards. The other access I tried was washed away pretty bad. Tomorrow I’m going to try another route and go in from the northeast end.
I'm not sure where you were, but there is not a road to Courthouse Gap. It's probably a 1/2 mile walk from the nearest road to the gap and that road has houses on it so it is well maintained.

I have lived here my whole life and only live maybe 1 1/2 miles from Courthouse Gap, as the crow flies, and I have walked the Bartram Trail through the gap many times.

AllTerrainAngler

I'm not sure where you were, but there is not a road to Courthouse Gap. It's probably a 1/2 mile walk from the nearest road to the gap and that road has houses on it so it is well maintained.

I have lived here my whole life and only live maybe 1 1/2 miles from Courthouse Gap, as the crow flies, and I have walked the Bartram Trail through the gap many times.
There’s a road called courthouse gap rd. I found it via map and it goes through a neighborhood. It turns into gravel and there’s a sign that says warwoman WMA park in designated areas only. Right after the sign the road climbs near vertical.

Doug B.

There’s a road called courthouse gap rd. I found it via map and it goes through a neighborhood. It turns into gravel and there’s a sign that says warwoman WMA park in designated areas only. Right after the sign the road climbs near vertical.
Ok. I gotcha! From where you park there is a trail that actually goes to Courthouse Gap. Once you get to the gap you will come to the Bartram Trail. If you go right on the Bartram Trail you will come out on Warwoman Road at a place called Warwoman Dale, which is an old CCC Camp. If you go left on the Bartram Trail it will take you along the western border of the Warwoman WMA. There normally is great hunting anywhere along that trail. With no acorns though it is probably not worth hunting. The trail will take you through Wilson Gap and eventually across Rabun Bald.

AllTerrainAngler

Ok. I gotcha! From where you park there is a trail that actually goes to Courthouse Gap. Once you get to the gap you will come to the Bartram Trail. If you go right on the Bartram Trail you will come out on Warwoman Road at a place called Warwoman Dale, which is an old CCC Camp. If you go left on the Bartram Trail it will take you along the western border of the Warwoman WMA. There normally is great hunting anywhere along that trail. With no acorns though it is probably not worth hunting. The trail will take you through Wilson Gap and eventually across Rabun Bald.
With the new gravel I couldn’t make it up there. I started sliding even in 4wd. I also tried to access past the shooting range and hike in. Couldn’t get too far down that one either. Lol. I figured I’d just leave it alone. There were so many people parked alone Finney creek I probably would’ve walked up on someone and I’m not one to ruin someone else’s hunt.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My bad on the date, it’s Dec 14-17. So it’s actually a week from this coming Wednesday. Hey brother, you get done busting it up there you can come check it out at the log. Not quite as demanding topo down here, but enough to make you remember your North of the Atl!
I’ve been playing with meat so I haven’t hunted since I got back from Kentucky …..time to get my first Georgia deer!

Doug B.

With the new gravel I couldn’t make it up there. I started sliding even in 4wd. I also tried to access past the shooting range and hike in. Couldn’t get too far down that one either. Lol. I figured I’d just leave it alone. There were so many people parked alone Finney creek I probably would’ve walked up on someone and I’m not one to ruin someone else’s hunt.
The last time I was up past the shooting range the road was really bad! Down closer to Warwoman might have been better instead of up high.

AllTerrainAngler

The last time I was up past the shooting range the road was really bad! Down closer to Warwoman might have been better instead of up high.
I was just trying to find a path less traveled to avoid other hunters as best I could. I’ve ridden all 4 sides trying to find decent access and the only thing I can find is the main entrance.