We are officially Instant Pot Fools!!!

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Got one a couple of months ago and after getting used to it are using it a couple of times a week.
It's insanely stupid easy to cook in and makes some incredible dishes.

First dish I made when I bought it was pot roast with taters carrots n onions. Dang tasty
Second the wife made a chicken fajita dish that we put on soft taco shells. Spot on.
Then I tried Spaghetti and I'll have to say I'll never make it any other way from here on out.
This morning I tried the 4-4-4 hard boiled eggs. Again, done to perfection, easy to peel and won't be going back to doing it on a stove top.

We've had a bunch of other dishes such as pork tenderloins that we shred and use for BBQ which doesn't usually have any scraps left when the crew is done. Also tried a couple other chicken dishes that were ok.

My hands down favorite though was the meatloaf and mashed taters. Hands down the absolute best meat loaf and mashed taters I've ever hand in my life.

If y'all don't have one, get one. You won't regret it.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I suppose they are technically "hard steamed" eggs since I only used 1-cup of water for a dozen eggs. 4 minutes at pressure, 4 minutes natural release and 4 minutes in an ice water bath.

39021178_10155520371047854_7992679270201688064_o.jpg

chobrown

We love ours to. Its amazing how it cooks noodles for the spaghetti perfectly, heck we've even cooked stuffed raviolis and they came out perfect. It also cooks the best tasting beans and peas I've ever had.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The egg cooking is amazing. I do 12 minutes at low pressure with a quick release. The real test is when I did fresh from the coop eggs. They are notoriously hard to peel when fresh. The instant pot had the shell practically falling off of them.

JonathanG2013

My wife cooks all kinda of things in ours. They are pretty cool and cook items quickly. She did a pork butt in one about a month ago that turned out good also.

We have not done it but saw where you can also do cinnamon rolls in it also.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Heck.....it’s worth it for just the eggs alone !!!!
This is why I will have one soon , I have my own chickens and the fresh eggs are awful hard to shell , I just seen these in Ollie’s for $59 I think

Reactions: Dub

Washtub

MIL got me one of these for my birthday since she knows my love for deviled eggs. I was pretty skeptical at first but I must say it’s awesome! Uses only a splash of water and you have perfectly cooked, easy to peel eggs in 15 minutes from the time you hit the button. No more boiling water for me. 9F1A7A16-0240-483A-802F-E4620C9EB857.jpeg

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
MIL got me one of these for my birthday since she knows my love for deviled eggs. I was pretty skeptical at first but I must say it’s awesome! Uses only a splash of water and you have perfectly cooked, easy to peel eggs in 15 minutes from the time you hit the button. No more boiling water for me. View attachment 940097
Yeah, but it's gonna be kind of messy cooking a pot roast or spaghetti in that. ::ke:::ke:::ke:

Reactions: Dub