Weather next week

Jgebb

I wasn't able to make it up to the mountains (union county) this week due to commitments. So I will be up there next week Tuesday through Sunday at my parents place chasing them in the CNF. Looks like rain all week. I am thinking this shouldn't affect movement but have never hunted up there with a forecast that has rain all week. How do you guys hunt the mountains with a forecast like this?

kevin17

Depending on the your elevation it might be very foggy. All day sit or at least till 3. I really don’t see much in the evening.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I wasn't able to make it up to the mountains (union county) this week due to commitments. So I will be up there next week Tuesday through Sunday at my parents place chasing them in the CNF. Looks like rain all week. I am thinking this shouldn't affect movement but have never hunted up there with a forecast that has rain all week. How do you guys hunt the mountains with a forecast like this?
Rain absolutely affects bear movement.

splatek

UAEC
Killed mine in the rain opening day. But things have changed as the season has moved on and food dried up etc

GAbullHunter

I tuck up and hunt. Mine walked right after a rain, and on a day it was raining off an on all day. You just don't hear anything but rain so you have to watch. Or the few trees that will break under the water weight you will hear or see.