Well Some Good News Arrived Today...

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Well my mood did get better this afternoon.

Thankfully, my Masters Tournament Golf Tickets arrived this afternoon. I am sure that this will make my Daughter and her husband and also our very special friend, Colonel Fred very happy. Colonel Fred had dreamed about attending this special Tournament and get to experience the beauty of this Golf Club over the past 40 plus years but unfortunately never had the opportunity. Well NOW he will get that chance in another 2 weeks.

I had four tickets for the 2020 tournament BUT this pandemic caused this event to be cancelled/delayed and in 2021, it was a very limited amount of spectators involved. The ODD thing is that I still do have the original "unused tickets" from April 2020 and collectors are offering crazy amounts of money because these are now considered "collectibles" as this has never happened before.

Hopefully, some of you golfers here on GON might have this same opportunity in a couple of weeks.

Dub

Congrats.

Hope the weather is grand and the golf viewing is superb & exciting.

Grinning a big ole grin over your buddy, Colonel Fred, getting his time in the garden that is the grounds of The Augusta National Golf Course.

It is a glory to behold.....whether you golf or not.

TomC

That's great! I've been fortunate to have had tickets my entire life. Sometime around 1960 my mother as a college student in Atlanta decided she wanted to see what all the hype was about even though the hype in those days was not what it is today. She didn't have a car but took a bus from Atlanta to Augusta and even though she was not a golfer fell in love with the place and signed up to get tickets on an annual basis. Because of mom making that effort we are still getting tickets to this day.

So many memories from that place. Lost track of how many years I've gone but the most enjoyable aspect was always taking somebody who had never been before or someone who wasn't a golfer and watching the AWE on their faces ALL DAY LONG. TV just doesn't do justice to the beauty of that place.

leroy

I had 2 old maid aunts that got 4 tickets until they passed, we went several times but then it became been there, seen that.

sinclair1

That’s great! I had corporate tickets for years and never went. The company I worked for was golf crazy.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
That’s great! I had corporate tickets for years and never went. The company I worked for was golf crazy.
Me too. Don't work there anymore. Finally went a couple of years ago thanks to my best friend and SO glad I did. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Nothin like it in the world. Great experience.

GTMODawg

BANNED
It doesn't seem to be the event it was when we lived in the area around 2006. Everyone in the CSRA just about was making a buck or two doing something or other...now it just seems like any other event. The area has grown a lot since then...it was a BIG deal then...just seems like everyone is disinterested locally now, for the most part.