What are You Buying Now That Shocks You the Most?

oldfella1962

What protein is in the dog's food?

Wife's dog was on Apoquel for about 5 years. We experimented with a couple different brands and proteins, and she's now been off of it for 3 1/2. No more chicken for Sophie. Only starts itching again if someone gives her chicken table scraps.
Lamb based protein.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Nothing shocks me any more. It all just highly irritates me now...

Me too but I use a different word than "irritates". I'm old so I can get away with it. :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Last edited:

bilgerat

Senior
I went on ammoseek to look for some 35rem ammo and the cheapest box was 52 bucks plus 39 shipping!!!! one place had it priced at 90 plus shipping! crazy.

Redbow

Went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a few items. What little bit I had in my grocery cart was over 90 bucks. I have to wonder just what older folks on SS are eating with food so high now. I do see quite a few senior citizens pushing a grocery cart around with very little food in it. I checked out the mayonnaise on the shelf, like someone else posted over 7 bucks for a quart, ridiculous.

ucfireman

Dukes is BOGO at Publix this week.
Went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a few items. What little bit I had in my grocery cart was over 90 bucks. I have to wonder just what older folks on SS are eating with food so high now. I do see quite a few senior citizens pushing a grocery cart around with very little food in it. I checked out the mayonnaise on the shelf, like someone else posted over 7 bucks for a quart, ridiculous.

SarahFair

I have a female boxer that I want spayed, 1600 -1800 was the quote I got.

We have a red healer/jack russell mix and that's what I was quoted in powder springs at Macland animal hospital.
We were quoted over $1000 for our female GSD about 6 years ago.

There is a place in Walnut Grove, GA called Paradox Spay and Neuter Clinic, all they do all day is spay and neuter dogs and cats.
I believe when we had Liesel spayed it was under $125 for the spaying, pain medications, and a sensitive skin spray where they shaved her.

I took my cat there as well and know a ton of people who have had their pets fixed here.
They do cheap shots here as well.

All their prices are on their website.

georgia_home

I am pragmatic enough to avoid saying never… but!!!

we have a place similar to publix, and except for occasional loss leader items, and chili garlic cholula which our local kRoger doesn’t have, I stay away. 99c thighs last week, or 6$/lb/21-25 shrimp will get my attention. i won’t buy much/anything else… unless the price is good enough to buy bulk.

same with walmarks. Don’t like it, but a few of the brand name things I like are much cheaper then kRoger. Heinz ketchup, A1, and a few other things. stock up, save, and don’t go back for a while.

Publix isn't the only place that has BOGO. I wouldn't shop Publix if the mayo was free.

Dub

That gas per gallon is more expensive than water per gallon.

We need water to survive, we don't need gas to survive. But yet, water, the kind we need from our taps, is dirt cheap, and so people waste it. The most precious and needed resource we have is just dirt cheap and wasted.

Somewhat how some treat their souls…