What happened? and what is it?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Looks like a bird in the second pic, left of the downed deer.

Maybe a poor shot that knocked the deer down, but it jumped up and ran after a few seconds? Deer on the ground looks to be the larger of the three deer in the first photo.

My theory.... Someone shot the deer, bad shot, deer jumped back up and skeedaddled, and Mr. Buck showed up a couple minutes later (not unusual for a deer to come by right after a shot).

PS. You might have poachers, if that's your land, and you were not aware someone was hunting on it on 1/9 at 5:48p.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
DW,
That would be my observation also.
A lot can happen in 8 minutes in the woods.

rjgause

I wasn't hunting that day, will check for empty case at the stand. No one showed up to look for blood or retrieve the deer..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Somebody shot that deer, looks like. One of the does in the first pic, and the buck in the last pic, are looking at something in the woodline over to the right of that stand.

Buckstop

Shot deer. The person shooting likely didn't trip the camera as they didn't need to go to the shot location as they saw where it ran in or eventually dropped.

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I agree with others . Is it a lease with other members ? If so it’s probably someone you hunt with that doesn’t want you to know they were in your spot . If not I’d bet it was a poacher

kayaksteve

This is one of the best “what is it” threads I can remember in a while. It sure looks like a shot deer but, who knows. How long between the picture and when you were able to get to the spot? I’m curious if there’s any sign of a shot. Hair, blood, torn up dirt/tracks from running off? I guess hair would be the only thing that would last long

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I wasn't hunting that day, will check for empty case at the stand. No one showed up to look for blood or retrieve the deer..

So are you saying the deer is still laying there ?

rjgause

"So are you saying the deer is still laying there"

No, will go tomorrow and check it out, no one showed on the camera, next picture the deer was gone.

If someone covered the sensor in the camera it won’t take pictures. Would have had to have help to pick the deer up and get it out without dragging it. Seems kinda fishy to me.. guess you will never know

Latest posts