Since when did NASCAR get more complicated than football and baseball?

Whitefeather

Management Material
What the heck?
NASCAR left me behind years ago but I used to be a big fan. Turned on the Daytona 500 and I am lost.
What happened to drop the flag and the first one to 500 miles.wins?
100% agree

Too many overly smart people in charge of these overly complicated cars. Drivers are now spokes models and are more than compensated for their skills as pitchmen and not drivers. None of these guys are hungry and they are driving cars that are too easy to drive.

NASCAR is a grape dying on a vine and they just care about the money and not the competition anymore

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Just wait, 15 or so of the "top" teams have formed up and hired a lawyer to sue naaascraaap because they think they higher ups are taking too big of a piece of the pie now. :rofl:

DannyW

It’s something me and my dad did when I was 6. I became a fan and followed ever since. Like everything in life things change. Some of the stuff is good and provides more exciting racing. Some other things no so much, not watching it is not an option…
Glad you like it. I might like it if all drivers brought a car, dropped their keys in a bucket, and everyone picked a key at random and drove that car.

Over the course of a season, that would at least show who the best driver was. Instead of which crew could build the best car.

JMHO.

basshappy

BANNED
Glad you like it. I might like it if all drivers brought a car, dropped their keys in a bucket, and everyone picked a key at random and drove that car.

Over the course of a season, that would at least show who the best driver was. Instead of which crew could build the best car.

JMHO.

THAT would be exciting.

I used to think that at some lap count, unknown to teams, the race would be announced 2 laps to go. In other words, if 200 laps were expected then somewhere at 150 laps the announcement could come "2 laps to go" - so it would keep it racing because you didn't know when those final laps were coming.

I think the racing is great. When you get down to the final who ever finishes the best when’s the cup of the final four. They usually are battling to the very end to win. I don’t see how it can get any better. Restarts bring action. I remember the old days. How many of yall remember the leader lapping the entire field ? Great if that’s the driver you liked sucked for everyone else. What I think it is for most is change. We are where used to the way it was for so long.. most of us don’t like change. How exciting was in the old system and the points leader would have such a points lead the last race or even last two for that matter didn’t even matter. He already won the championship.. I don’t see that as very exciting to me. As we all
Get older things have changed from the way we all knew it. All of our favorites are now gone or retired and announcing or watching. It’s the younger generation now. We also have so much competition for our money and attention. So many things to do that most of us just don’t take the time to sit and watch much of anything for long periods of time.. this new stuff and ways took awhile to grow on me and learn and understand. Now I love it.

greg_n_clayton

What the heck?
NASCAR left me behind years ago but I used to be a big fan. Turned on the Daytona 500 and I am lost.
What happened to drop the flag and the first one to 500 miles.wins?
"I left" NASCAR behind quite sometime back. Dirt track racing is my favorite !