Since when did NASCAR get more complicated than football and baseball?

pjciii

Raced some dirt and asphalt in my earlier years. I don’t care for the crowds this woke new world of people. I don’t tend to get far from the house unless it’s fishing or the woods
Yeah, but they serve wine now and you can extend your up in the air.

Cwb19

I left nascar when they let jj and Gordon switch pit crews in middle of a race because jj team wasn’t getting it done

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
They keep dying every year for me when they do their Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Tranny-Queer (let's call it what it is) Month.
And they keep putting nails in the coffin every year.
What does that have to do with racing?

I tune that stuff out. All platforms are doing that. In my opinion if a person lets the littlest things derail them from watching they aren’t much of a fan in my eyes. I view it as band wagon fans. Everyone has a right to there opinion I just don’t agree. Guess might as well turn off the tvs internet social medial and anything else that shows stuff you don’t like or wana see. I don’t like it either but it isn’t going away…

specialk

When they booted Winston.

The .gov passed one of then numbered laws so the vile evil tobacco weed products couldnt be aired on tv, where most of the racing money came from....they had to seek other sponsers....trust me, winston would stll be footing the bill if it werent for them ..

WayneB

I quit watching when Dick Trickle and Harry Gant retired. Met both of them at Daytona when I was still eating jars of Gerbers.

Stroker

100% agree

Too many overly smart people in charge of these overly complicated cars. Drivers are now spokes models and are more than compensated for their skills as pitchmen and not drivers. None of these guys are hungry and they are driving cars that are too easy to drive.

NASCAR is a grape dying on a vine and they just care about the money and not the competition anymore
Easy to drive cars, not in my experience. Done eight laps around Atlanta several years ago, averaged 138 mph. Only six cars on track at a time, with passing allowed(all cars governed to 150). Most exciting thing I have ever done but I was physically exhausted and soaked with sweat when I climbed out, and I've done fast cars, motorcycles,and boats since I started driving in 67. The old NASCAR was boring. These guys are averaging 180+ on the super speedways, with two feet or less clearance between the surrounding cars for hundreds of laps. And yes they are hungry, hungry to win like all professional athletes. Everything and everybody is all about the $$$$.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Hard to beat a good heads up drag race. Sure beats watching cars drive in circles for four hours.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Easy to drive cars, not in my experience. Done eight laps around Atlanta several years ago, averaged 138 mph. Only six cars on track at a time, with passing allowed(all cars governed to 150). Most exciting thing I have ever done but I was physically exhausted and soaked with sweat when I climbed out, and I've done fast cars, motorcycles,and boats since I started driving in 67. The old NASCAR was boring. These guys are averaging 180+ on the super speedways, with two feet or less clearance between the surrounding cars for hundreds of laps. And yes they are hungry, hungry to win like all professional athletes. Everything and everybody is all about the $$$$.
When did you the drive experience? Huge changes were made 2-3 years ago. Independent rear suspension, wider tires, less horsepower, power steering, Goodyear tire development, etc.
Even the current drivers and commentators themselves that retired from racing remark how easy these cars are to drive. Watching them run 3/4 throttle at Daytona while leading the race is not racing. All the in car camera shots showed they were just driving around turning in the corners.
NASCAR was better 20 years ago based on the attendance at the track and viewers watching.
NASCAR has made some stupid decisions that is killing their sport.

They rode around 3/4 throttle 20 years ago also at super speedways… I still can fathom how anyone would thing the old ways was better racing. Provide examples of how you think it was better ?
I tell you what I couldn’t wait to get to the race track and watch Richard petty lap the entire field and win by huge margins.. it was so exciting. Back then the racing was no where near as close.

Cool Hand Luke

They rode around 3/4 throttle 20 years ago also at super speedways… I still can fathom how anyone would thing the old ways was better racing. Provide examples of how you think it was better ?
I tell you what I couldn’t wait to get to the race track and watch Richard petty lap the entire field and win by huge margins.. it was so exciting. Back then the racing was no where near as close.
Too much big money and big business today but guess that's in all sports. I just miss a a guy like Jimmy "Smut" Means running hard and making a race or Alan Kulwicki working on his own car and winning a cup. Petty and Pearson battling it out. Yarbrough and the Allison's. Earnhardt getting back in his car after he turned upside down. Ricky Rudd racing with his eyelids taped open after a bad wreck. Wild Bill from Dawsonville making up 2 laps under green. I could go on and on.
It ain't the same.

buckpasser

I tune that stuff out. All platforms are doing that. In my opinion if a person lets the littlest things derail them from watching they aren’t much of a fan in my eyes. I view it as band wagon fans. Everyone has a right to there opinion I just don’t agree. Guess might as well turn off the tvs internet social medial and anything else that shows stuff you don’t like or wana see. I don’t like it either but it isn’t going away…

I can’t “tune stuff out”. Besides the fact that NASCAR is woke, gay loving, etc., I think it’s a dull sport to watch. Well, maybe not currently, because it’s been years since I last watched it. I tried to hang in there back before their political correctness started, and after DE died, but it just got awful.

The last Daytona a watched was when they rolled out some new cars and they went around paired up like love bugs. Looked gay, so I left them and have been able to laugh (often) as they crumble, but somehow cling to new and worse ideas, all while trying any and everything to abandon their roots and core audience.

Congrats for ignoring “the littlest things” and not being derailed. Before long you can probably go to a race and just walk freely through the pits and infield. Probably won’t have to fight a crowd…at all.