What happened to the Baiting poll?

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
I was wondering the same thing..

Must have been deleted... ::huh: ..Were not lucky enough for it to have been a dream..

Madsnooker

I'm not sure why the other thread was deleted unless maybe the mods are worried that some antis could be monitoring this topic and if that is in fact the case today is a very sad day for Woody's. Hopefully this reply won't be.

I would vote no but for only 1 reason and that is for another thread.

I do not want to take sides here but a couple things to ponder.

Why have most of the reasons givin against baiting have not materialized in states baiting has been going on longer than alot of you have even been hunting? ::ke: Disease spredding thru the herd or it being so easy to kill a deer over bait it will destroy the herd and on and on. The fact is, and it is a fact not an opinion, they are not harvesting any more deer on average than Ga. and they do not have disease problems and there herds are just fine.

Another question I have is, are you hunting just to kill something or are you hunting for food. (I don't mean you are poor and have to hunt to survive) I just mean you enjoy taking a deer and eating it also. My point is there are alot of people that really only hunt to take a deer to eat and if they use some sort of bait (food or not) who I'm I do bad mouth that. Do you think for a minute that back in the good old days, when people actually hunted to put food on the table, they did not use different forms of baiting to harvest their game. I just have a hard time with some that think if your not busting thru brush with a spear in your hand with one eye closed and bear footed your not a hunter. Some of you need to remember everyone is not trophy hunting or trying to see how great a hunter they can be in someone elses eyes they are just killing a deer so they can have some deer meat plain and simple. If they happen to get a big buck great.

It's hard for me to come to grips with those that put in food plots and hunt with high powered rifles and use tree stands and on and on and think they are the great hunter and some ole man that puts out some corn or whatever and than hunts(yes he is hunting by any definition) over it is not. ::huh: Please do not follow this with "it's not fair chase for the animal" becuase niether is an acre of iron clay peas.

I do not bait as far as piles but I do bait with my food plots. And no I will never use the excuse plots are different because they help the herd becuase the day I quit hunting will be the day I quit spending countless hours putting in plots just as 99% of you will. That is also a fact and not an opinion.

Again, not trying to ruffle feathers as I used to be as hard lined as any against baiting but as I've gotten older and looked more closely at the facts I have givin, I decided to quit bad mouthing those that may use corn on the ground instaed of on a stalk no matter my personal preference.

To all have a great day as I'am. ;)

Al33

Welllllllll,

Maybe the referred to childish comments by some of us the author referred to prompted a childish action. ::huh:

I thought the debate was going really well and I was interested in following the poll count.

Dog gone it, this will likely never come up again. :(

Al ;)

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Which baiting poll Al

We have so many :confused: ::ke:

For the record I did not pull/delete it either :)

leo

QuakerBoy

:D I pulled the thread

GeauxLSU

Great....

Now I guess will never get to see those camo panties! :banginghe
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

GrandSlamHunter

Al,

I, too, was following the poll count and the last I saw the "yes's" had it. Maybe this was the reason it was pulled. Just like when GON used the old "ballot stuffing" excuse to explain their baiting poll. This is the "GON" website now, isn't it? :mad: :mad: :mad:

GSH

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
GSH,

Your accusation is completely unfounded and unwarranted.

No one within the management of this website pulled the thread.

ncman

Deleted by author

The author (my bud) did delete it. It ran for close to a week and the yes's won. He pulled it for two reasons: (1) it ran for a reasonable amount of time; (you only get to vote for the president for one day). (2) Some personal things were being said about him not getting to hunt (for family reasons; which is only his handle as a joke; some folks are just "elmo" ignorant. It got way to ridiculous with the excuses for and against. But anyway, theres why. You have a new poll now, so have at it. I think i'll just watch this time, and probaly so will a lot of other folks.

Meriwether Mike

Hey D2D!

They said pulled the thread. Not your finger!!! :speechles

GeauxLSU

Dawn2Dusk said:
Yeah, I realized that a little too late. I got mixed up, but I do feel much better now (at the expense of your nose hairs being burnt out!)
The above quote is from a man who has been allowed to reproduce and will one day soon be some unsuspecting kid's father! :eek: ::ke: :whip: :p
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Toliver

Dawn2Dusk said:
Yeah, I realized that a little too late. I got mixed up, but I do feel much better now (at the expense of your nose hairs being burnt out!)

Dawn2Dusk said:
I thought that when they said "get out of the pool" that I should get out and dry off, never did I realize they meant "gene pool!"

These must be some of that 10% of silly posts you mentioned. :D :bounce:

Handgunner

Oh what a tangled web we weave....

GeauxLSU

GrandSlamHunter said:
Yeah! And I'm afraid the poor kid may be known as Dusk2Dawn.
Are you saying he has spawned a poacher?!?! The "anti-Andy"?!?! :eek:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil