What is it worth??

rospaw

Friend has about 50 acres across the river/creek from his house (another 50 acres) that he has leased to one guy for about 15 years but he is not able to hunt anymore. FULL of deer and turkey! Has a 8 acre garden spot in the middle and a few other small clearings. Two LARGE tracts of land border (1000's of acres) that no one hunts (private owner). One road in that dead ends at his property. No other public/private road access. Has tractor roads cut in/around it. Jasper Ga / Pickens county. About an hour N of Atla.
What is a piece like this worth a year?

Same person has a 68 acre old homestead in tenn that he has thought about leasing for hunting. Another that has lots of deer and MANY old garden spots. That one is about 40 mins NE of Chattanooga Tn (up hwy 411). What do you think this would be worth? Has house/power/water ect. Larger tracts around it but mainly farming land.

No hunting leases around either property.

I have no idea. Never leased any land before and i am not a deer hunter.

bilgerat

Senior
that area of Ga is not know as a big buck producing area so it wont bring the top dollar lease price, Id say 9 to 10 bucks an acre would be fair

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Depends on what u want if for , u said u wasn’t a deer hunter

rospaw

I guess i don't guess very well. facepalm: I told him the Ga property would most likely go for around 1500 plus. :hair:
Buddy of mine pays 1200 (plus extras) with 20 somethings other hunters and a 2.5hr drive. They have 1200 acres in that lease.
Yall are taking about 500 to 750 ish for the year. I think taxes on that property are about 2k.

bilgerat

Senior
I pay 10.50 an acre for 420 acres in Jasper co in Middle Ga. Like I said 9 to 10 is fair. . but its worth what ever your willing to pay.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Taxes have nothing at all to do with hunting rights and they never have.

barongan

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png

What's fair has nothing to do with what someone will pay. Bet one hunter who wants to be left alone would gladly give 2k that close to ATL