What is the best bow for small money?

Dub

How about Martin bows?

I've never shot one but always wondered about them. They have a new that looks a lot like a SB XT in size and configuration and looks like it'd be a smooth draw based on the look of the cams. I think it's msrp is less than $300.

Rob

I would check the classifieds on archery talk and check with your local archery shop about used bows. If you want a new bow I liked this years line up of bear bows and the new PSE. Bowsite.com did a head to head comparison sometime recently - you can check there and see how each bow performed based on their test....

parkerman

I have a Parker Buckhunter that was bought a couple of years ago for around $300. It came with a prong style rest(which has been replaced with a drop away style rest), sight and quiver. Shoots good and is quiet enough for my liking. I think Parker makes a good product for a good price. They don't get much pub around here but don't rule them out.

hunter rich

you can get a PSE NOVA w/quiver, peep, sight, strap and 1/2 dozen arrows for around 250.00. I did that(actually my GF did it) about 5 yrs ago and It is still my only bow.

whitworth

The cost of the bow . . .

is only one part of the total cost.

Years ago I bought an inexpensive bow, with inexpensive accessories like a prong rest and a sight that had pins made out of brass.

Now bows are not only faster and more expensive, the accessories have taken a quantum jump in cost.

I spent less than $300 on the newest bow, but spent almost another $200 on the accessories, like a fall away rest, a fibre optics sight with a light for dark timber understories, and a bow case.

In the world of modern archery, a bow shooter and his money soon part. I thought I got away fairly cheap. Might have saved another $40 if I had known where to shop then, but the bow and accessories proved very satisfactory.

With the hunting and practice, I've got out of the bow, I've almost recovered the total cost, based on uses.
In the end, if you get a lot of use from your bow, the enjoyment will recover any expense.

Unfortunately, I'm not just an archer, but a rifle and pistol shooter, a trout fisherman, a reloader, and I just couldn't see investing a thousand dollars or more in the top line bows.

Taylor Co.

Thanks for the information I have several to research and decide I will let you know when I purchase. As of tonight my old point blank grouped 5 in side of a 5 inch paper plate and I will use it in the morning!

My PSE is made by pro line co. Hastings MI. :flag:

PSE has always made their own bows.Perhaps you meant Point Blank was made by Proline, they were pretty dern good bows in their day..Anyway I would go w/a PSE PKG. bow..or possibly a Bear or Reflex..

Last edited: