what is the best time of day for hunting now?

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
It really depends on a lot an absolute lot of variables. I prefer to hunt in the mornings but I'm pretty 50/50 on deer killed a.m. and p.m. I usually prefer hardwood bottoms along a creek in the morning preferably where say your 40 yards from the creek on one side and 40 yards from a hardwood pine edge on the other, throw in a ridge or any elevation change and a small hold'm up plot and I'm liable to sit there all day. Afternoons I prefer medium to small size plots if it's warm and a spot I can see a long ways if it's a colder than normal afternoon/evening. Never had a whole lot of luck in torrential rain, but cool/cold weather spitting mist or a fog I like travel corridors/edge/staging areas/funnels almost any time of day leading to a well used food source or withing sight distance of a plot (depending on time of year and surrounding pressure depends how close I sit to that particular plot meaning if there's a lot of pressure I'm backed up off it a good ways, if there hasn't been a lot of pressure or a lot of deer killed in the area I'll sit closer to or on said plot but where I can still see funnels or travel corridors) just get out there and log some seat time, learning is half the fun

Luvntheoutdors

Wow, what a wealth of response
I sure appreciate all the information.
I will be hunting this whole weekend since I have off Saturday, Sunday and Monday to hunt; that's why I want the information on times.
Also it will be a cold with temperatures dropping nearly 20 degrees from last weekend here in Middle Georgia where I will be hunting so sounds like the weather will increase deer activity during daylight hours.
Find and hunt over oaks. Deer are trying to pack on some carbs for this cold snap that's happening.

billy336

Sit down before dark, get up after dark. They moving all times of day for me. But no established patterns, which is aggravating

AllTerrainAngler

One tact I hunt I only hunt mornings. Most productive time of the day there. Another tract is farm fields. I get in the stand 30 minutes before sunset. Around 5 minutes till legal light ends the deer will walk out. Every day like clockwork. I don’t waste my time going in the mornings, mid day, etc.

frankwright

My Cell Cams say the last 20 minutes of daylight and then all night till about 3 am.
I hope to get three or four more hunts in and will not go in the morning again this year!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Right after the feeder goes off.
837FD3AF-B467-460E-B3B8-CCBB1B9B7565.png

Last edited: