What kind of hooks ?

ratherbefishin

Just wondering what kind of hooks some of you prefer for flounder and trout. I generally use kale hooks, but I hear a lot of folks now prefer circle hooks instead.

Robert 31320

I stick with Kahle hooks, usually #2.

IdRatherBHunting

depends on what kind of bait your using. I like a small kahle for shrimp. Mud Minnows I use a very small straight shank brim hook. Live Mullet I like a straight shank 1/0 bait hook. Im not sure about a circle hook never tried it.

FishingAddict

Circle hooks work very well, as long as you can fight the tempation of setting the hook. Just reel on them slowly and it's money.

Also good if you just set a rod in a holder...the fish sets the hook by its self.

Parker Phoenix

Circle hooks work very well, as long as you can fight the tempation of setting the hook. Just reel on them slowly and it's money.

Also good if you just set a rod in a holder...the fish sets the hook by its self.

Rodney the rod holder is an ace with the circle hooks. As a life long J hooker it took a while to resist setting the hook while using a circle hook. Which we are now required to use while fishing for reef fish in the gulf.

seaweaver

I stick with Kahle hooks, usually #2.

Yep.
I start using circles or semis for the when the big hog red fish start gorging.
cw