What's the ancestory of Native Americans?

trial&error

We have been here since we realized that stuff floats. Then some fellow went fishing and got lost and washed up here. Very likely in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans at various times.

Last edited:

Jimmypop

I have found quite a lot of artifacts on our small property over the years. Some I recognize and a lot I don't. If I have pre clovis items how do I know it. I have no idea how they look. Experts chime in. I am very interested in learning what to look for.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
A lot of evidence is under water. Gray's reef is 19 miles off of Sapelo Island but was the coastline only 8000 years ago. It could have been that a small migration prior to the later ones died out. There's no guarantee that the first wave of humans in North America survived so there'd be no DNA to pass down and their remains may not have survived or been found yet.

ddd-shooter

A lot of evidence is under water. Gray's reef is 19 miles off of Sapelo Island but was the coastline only 8000 years ago. It could have been that a small migration prior to the later ones died out. There's no guarantee that the first wave of humans in North America survived so there'd be no DNA to pass down and their remains may not have survived or been found yet.
Great point, I’d never considered that.

Jimmypop

Most of the stuff I've read the last few years seem to go along with this statement.

Attachments

• IMG_20230904_100932453.jpg
    IMG_20230904_100932453.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 38

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Most of the stuff I've read the last few years seem to go along with this statement.

I wonder how they know, because where has any Clovis DNA been found? Maybe from the one female found in Montana?

Edit. It might have been a male.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how they know, because where has any Clovis DNA been found? Maybe from the one female found in Montana?

Edit. It might have been a male.
The burial at the Anzick site in Montana.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Another good commentary on the DNA study.

This was really intriguing and I wonder why it was the case
The child's DNA more closely resembles that of Central and South Americans than Native Americans from the far north,
when this was one of the conclusions
Willerslev says. Comparing the Anzick genome with that of a 24,000-year-old Siberian boyand a 4000-year-old Paleo-Eskimo from Greenland confirms that Native Americans originally come from Northeast Asia.
and the explanation for the intrigue
How to explain the north-south difference? The team concludes that the most likely scenario is that an ancestral population that lived several thousand years before the Clovis period split into two groups, one staying north and one going south. Just where and when this split happened cannot be determined from the genetic data, Willerslev and Rasmussen say. The northerners then likely mated with peoples who came in later from Asia, and so became slightly more genetically distant from Anzick.
Interesting stuff.

I guess this all but kills the Solutrean theory.