What's your absolute favorite deer recipe?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
No top pick...but gonna try venison wellington soon

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Good Lord y’all are killing me..,,,,,,, Right after getting this alpha gal mess I gave an elderly friend of mine all the deer I had on the freezer. Miss it terribly! These are some incredible sounding and looking meals! I guess if I had to choose it would be seared or simply battered on flour and fried backstrap. Keeping my fingers crossed that some day soon..,,
I couldn't find a pic but I cut backstraps into 1/2" medallions, dry them off well, batter dip them, fry until brown and then toss in Red Hot mild or regular Wing sauce.

We rarely get them to plate because they are scavenged the second they get done being tossed.
Blue Ch or Ranch go well with them.

krizia829

I made this deliciousness last night! I made enough to have leftover for lunch AND dinner today. It's safe to say I need to make something else because there's nothing left :ROFLMAO: my husband and daughter tore it up last night lol

5DB29F69-83D6-48C3-8BD2-7290CB951DF3.JPG

baddave

I did it Tuesday evening. I used a nice thick PC of backstrap. Very thick. Marinated in Dale's for only 1 hrs. Direct heat when the grill was 300f. 8 minutes on each side. I know that sounds complicated. Soft as any red meat ever. It was very rare. The only way for venison

HermanMerman

Osso bucco is as good as it gets. Last time I made it was a disaster though.
I was at camp by myself and had the crock pot going all day. Dad was showing up just after dark and I had a great supper waiting for him. He walked in and grabbed the pack of instant mashed potatoes I was about to cook and poured them directly into the crock pot with the deer shanks and the goodness it had been working with for the last eight hours. I wanted to kick him in the head.

Latest posts