Wheat Bisquits

hopper

Never attempted a whole wheat Bisquit. Been trying to eat better and gave these a shot. Used Bob's Red Mill whole wheat flour to make these. I was a bit surprised how good they were. Gonna play around with a couple batches. Added local honey to these.1000001974.jpg

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
My mama made those sometimes. I like the regular ones myself. Another thing she would use sometimes is wheat pasta. Try it won't try it again. Too grainy.

hopper

My mama made those sometimes. I like the regular ones myself. Another thing she would use sometimes is wheat pasta. Try it won't try it again. Too grainy.
I'm with you. I like the regular ones WAY better , but I'm really making a commitment to eat less processed foods. It's hard at times but doable.
The pasta we've been using is made from chickpeas. Made all kinda stuff with it. High protien and tastes good. Not grainy but a firmer pasta.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I'm with you. I like the regular ones WAY better , but I'm really making a commitment to eat less processed foods. It's hard at times but doable.
The pasta we've been using is made from chickpeas. Made all kinda stuff with it. High protien and tastes good. Not grainy but a firmer pasta.
Never seen the chickpea pasta, but I'd try it.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Can't remember ever eating those. Looks Good!!!!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
They look good. Will they hold together when you drag one through syrup and butter?

B. White

My wife makes them every once in a while. They are a little denser than a regular biscuit, but other than texture I can't tell a lot difference once there is butter and sausage in it.

specialk

None here either, but both grannys made biscuits using mash up sweet potatoe in with the dough....those were really good!