Where is the best country/seafood buffet ?

TurkeyH90

Far as I know....all on same road...Altmans...then Buccaneer then end of road was Pelican Point. Pelican point was just always too close for me to go to Buccaneer lol. I heard it is real good. Last time I pulled in there was years ago....and they had a line too long anyhow. They had a bunch of peacocks way out back wondering around every time I was there..hollering to high heaven. Sometimes we would just pull in there too check them out lol, Certainly appeared a little more upscale than my seedy haunts.
Nah, nothing really fancy. I agree I always like Pelican Point and that crab stew the best. Can't even eat shellfish much anymore cause of gout.

bigewalksalone

The only forum that always makes me hungry.. love the reading.
Maybe we need a forum on the best places to eat that have closed.
Plenty of them for sure.
I grew up in Rex anyone remember the Rio Vista on moreland ave. ?

bigewalksalone

Never been there but did frequent a Rio Vista on Memorial Drive...or was it Hwy 78? Been 35-40 years ago so it's hard to remember for sure. Anyway that was a favorite...loved the AYCE fried whole catfish.
Yea DannyW I think they we're related. Same food fried catfish,perch and chicken.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Update for anyone checking this thread.

Redd House between Jefferson and Nicholson closed in early 2020 for Covid and still hasn’t reopened.

The Blue Willow in Social Circle has closed permanently.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Update for anyone checking this thread.

Redd House between Jefferson and Nicholson closed in early 2020 for Covid and still hasn’t reopened.

The Blue Willow in Social Circle has closed permanently.
We ate at the Blue Willow several times when my BIL's family lived in Athens.
I remember their fried green tomatoes were delicious!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
If y'all wind up hungry in Waycross, try BMac's Buffet on 1 South...

Seafood on Fri and Sat, fish, shrimp fried and grilled, crab legs if you want em, they'll cook you some. Clam strips, deviled crabs, and all kinds of sides.

Weekdays is $10, Seafood Nights are $14.

A fine spot to fill your tank...

poohbear

B & J's Seafood and here is their Facebook Page

If you ever get down here along the coast, check this place out, located in the small town of Darien, GA. This place stays packed! Check out their online menu at their website for more info.

378024_289251397785184_235138188_n.jpg

1204905380_9942.jpg

I've been by that place many times and have yet to stop and eat there. Every time I go by it is jammed packed, and too crowded for me to want to stop. I have heard nothing but great things about this place, and plan on checking it out sometime. Just don't like crowded places!

Oh man, I could eat a huge platter of them fried scrimp, right now! :bounce:
But crowded places is where the best food is.

Darien1

Pelican Point in Crescent in McIntosh, County. Hands down the best in Georgia for a seafood buffet. Jenwrights in Brunswick has a seafood platter for two with fish, shrimp, clams, oysters, deviled crabs, and sides that might as well be a buffet. I've ordered it 50 times, I bet. My dining companion and I were never able to finish it all. Best overall seafood I have ever eaten.

Buckners is off I-75 at the highway 36 exit, can't remember the exit number. Good food but no seafood. One of them places that keep bringing bowls of food to your table as long as you keep eating. Got some of the best fried chicken, sat night they have BBQ and stew. Good country cooking.

I was shocked first time I had Buckner's BBQ and stew. Why in the heck are they fooling around with the rest of it?
I'd put that cue up against any other in the state.

Doboy Dawg

Pelican Point in Crescent in McIntosh, County. Hands down the best in Georgia for a seafood buffet. Jenwrights in Brunswick has a seafood platter for two with fish, shrimp, clams, oysters, deviled crabs, and sides that might as well be a buffet. I've ordered it 50 times, I bet. My dining companion and I were never able to finish it all. Best overall seafood I have ever eaten.

Pelican Point changed ownership and is now the Fish Dock. They no longer have the buffet. Last time I ate there I was not impressed. The food was good but portions too small for the price.

Pat's Backwater Grill in Fortson is very good. I usually get the fried shrimp, jalipeno hush puppies, cheese grits and fried onion rings. Fills me up, too!
But it's not a buffet......

When I had to spend a lot of time in Newnan we found the Green Tomato Cafe I believe the name is. It is near the mall as you exit the interstate,. Heading right and then having to cross the street to the left. Great food there! And it is a buffet.

Green Tomato Buffet now have several locations. The one in McDonough is pretty good and the missus and I eat there often. About the only place around to find good gizzards and livers.

The two best fish joints in this area, imo, are The Fish Peddler in Thomaston and Fishtales in Griffin. Sit down and menu only.
Fishtales recently changed hands haven't eaten there since then so not sure if it stayed the same. The Peddler doesn't do fried but the shrimp is perfect boiled.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Of all the places I learned about since starting this thread in 2013 only one that is still open stands out. It is very close to what I talked about in the OP.

I am talking about Booty’s Fish House in Royston Ga. It is owned and operated by our member @Flash and his wife. Good people serving good food.

Check their Facebook page.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Im dead serious about this, so it goes in the OT forum.

For a big portion of my life Charlie Williams Pinecrest Lodge in Athens, Ga. was the all around best place to get a buffet meal of old time BBQ and stew, fried fish and seafood, vegetables, desserts, etc. Then they closed.

After that The Runway Fish House near Baldwin Ga became that place offering very near the same type menu in a buffet setting. Then they closed.

Is there such a place left in Ga. now ???

@Flash Booty’s Fish House.

Mike 65

Of all the places I learned about since starting this thread in 2013 only one that is still open stands out. It is very close to what I talked about in the OP.

I am talking about Booty’s Fish House in Royston Ga. It is owned and operated by our member @Flash and his wife. Good people serving good food.

Check their Facebook page.
I’ll be checking that out.