Where is the best country/seafood buffet ?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Down South at Milledgeville and Country Kitchen at Barnesville are on my list now.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Back when Seminole Wind on HWY 39 down by Lake Seminole was open, they had a FINE seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. Shame they got shut down.

It`s not a buffet, but Nothin` Fancy just east of Morgan has good fish. Blackbeard`s in Albany is always good. The Farmhouse in Dawson has some really good and really fresh mullet on Fridays. You can get em fried or grilled.

x2 seminole wind

r.i.p. seminole wind.

JohnK

Pelicans Point just outside of Darien ,will make you hurt yourself all you can eat crab legs ,prime rib , any kind of seafood you want 28 bucks !!!!! The view is nice to sitting in the river !

I eaten at many of the places mentioned but here the prime rib, shrimp, crab legs, blackened fish is just not found else where. Good stuff.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Down South at Milledgeville and Country Kitchen at Barnesville are on my list now.

Finally had the opportunity to eat at Downsouth Seafood yesterday. It was very good. I had the fried shrimp and it was just right. They have the best hush puppies I ever ate and keep them on the table from beginning to end. Also a grits bar that’s complimentary.

It is on Ga 22 in the Sandtown community between Sparta and Milledgeville. ? ?

Bigtimber

Old thread but I would add Altman's in Darien.....sea food buffet. Friday Saturday nights. Beats B and J's if you ask me. Pelican Point has quit with the buffet...even has a new name. They was the best.....

Twiggbuster

My 92 year old dad( recently widowed), likes him some Old Times buffet. I go with him from time to time. It’s good , not bland.
Love the cabbage and tomato /okra stew .
Warner Robins location.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Sweet baby jane’s in Lawrenceville is good country cooking. It really ain’t all that except it is definitely always fresh and purty darn tasty never bland.
All you can eat. None is bad...
Been a hundred times.

DannyW

Sweet baby jane’s in Lawrenceville is good country cooking.

I eat there about 3-4 times a month...probably have seen you there. Decent fried chicken and the only place nearby that still serves AYCE whole fried catfish on certain days.

Funny story...about 6 months ago I went there and guess who I saw munching on a piece of fried chicken? My doctor, who is always chirping at me about my high cholesterol and bad diet. I just smiled as I walked by his table.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I eat there about 3-4 times a month...probably have seen you there. Decent fried chicken and the only place nearby that still serves AYCE whole fried catfish on certain days.

Funny story...about 6 months ago I went there and guess who I saw munching on a piece of fried chicken? My doctor, who is always chirping at me about my high cholesterol and bad diet. I just smiled as I walked by his table.

Probably seen me but recently I moved away so I don’t have a great reason to frequent that place anymore.
If I’m near there and hungry I’m stopping in though for certain.
Funny I never tried the fried chicken because all the rest was so tasty and fresh.

GoldDot40

Carriage House in Jefferson, GA is a good southern food buffet. Only seafood I saw was fried shrimp and fried clam strips, but had all the other great southern cookin we all love.

They recently opened a 2nd location in the old Sonny's BBQ building on Atlanta Hwy in Athens. Had it a couple months ago....purdy good eat'n.

Tom W.

Pat's Backwater Grill in Fortson is very good. I usually get the fried shrimp, jalipeno hush puppies, cheese grits and fried onion rings. Fills me up, too!
But it's not a buffet......

When I had to spend a lot of time in Newnan we found the Green Tomato Cafe I believe the name is. It is near the mall as you exit the interstate,. Heading right and then having to cross the street to the left. Great food there! And it is a buffet.

TurkeyH90

Old thread but I would add Altman's in Darien.....sea food buffet. Friday Saturday nights. Beats B and J's if you ask me. Pelican Point has quit with the buffet...even has a new name. They was the best.....
I didn't know Pelican went out of business. As far as B & J good luck getting a seat. At 4:30 it's wrapped around the building. It ain't THAT good. Never heard of Altmans. Whats it near in Darien?

Bigtimber

I didn't know Pelican went out of business. As far as B & J good luck getting a seat. At 4:30 it's wrapped around the building. It ain't THAT good. Never heard of Altmans. Whats it near in Darien?

Yep....before you get to pelican point....same exit off 95 Im pretty sure...or what use to be pelican point. I think its just Friday and Saturday nights at Altmans for the seafood buffet. Better than B&Js imo. They don't have the crab legs though.

Someplace not too far from either is the old school diner. Not a buffet but its pretty good and its definitely "different" than any other place you have been...I can almost guarantee you that lol. Even got a pretty good guitar man in there on the weekend nights. I couldn't eat the whole wheelchair platter....I think I might could have but I might have needed a wheelchair.

TurkeyH90

Yep....before you get to pelican point....same exit off 95 Im pretty sure...or what use to be pelican point. I think its just Friday and Saturday nights at Altmans for the seafood buffet. Better than B&Js imo. They don't have the crab legs though.

Someplace not too far from either is the old school diner. Not a buffet but its pretty good and its definitely "different" than any other place you have been...I can almost guarantee you that lol. Even got a pretty good guitar man in there on the weekend nights. I couldn't eat the whole wheelchair platter....I think I might could have but I might have needed a wheelchair.
Is the Buccaneer still in business? Haven't eaten many of those places in years. Prefer to stay at fish camp.and just cook nowadays.

Bigtimber

Is the Buccaneer still in business? Haven't eaten many of those places in years. Prefer to stay at fish camp.and just cook nowadays.

Far as I know....all on same road...Altmans...then Buccaneer then end of road was Pelican Point. Pelican point was just always too close for me to go to Buccaneer lol. I heard it is real good. Last time I pulled in there was years ago....and they had a line too long anyhow. They had a bunch of peacocks way out back wondering around every time I was there..hollering to high heaven. Sometimes we would just pull in there too check them out lol, Certainly appeared a little more upscale than my seedy haunts.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
You ever been to Vegas ? Some of the buffets are $30.00 but they are awesome .
Yes I have been there and the buffets are great but not as impressive as Charlie Williams was. Part of it was the location I think.

TurkeyH90

Far as I know....all on same road...Altmans...then Buccaneer then end of road was Pelican Point. Pelican point was just always too close for me to go to Buccaneer lol. I heard it is real good. Last time I pulled in there was years ago....and they had a line too long anyhow. They had a bunch of peacocks way out back wondering around every time I was there..hollering to high heaven. Sometimes we would just pull in there too check them out lol, Certainly appeared a little more upscale than my seedy haunts.
Nah, nothing really fancy. I agree I always like Pelican Point and that crab stew the best. Can't even eat shellfish much anymore cause of gout.