Who has an older mount to share.

Shadow11

Great thread. Never seen this one before. It's neat seeing how gnarly some of those racks were way back then. It reminds me of when I was a kid. My dad saw an old man he knew, out side working when we were driving by. He stopped and the guy showed this old mount that he had of a crazy looking non typical buck that he killed somewhere around the habersham/white county line many years before that, near the chattahoochee. I think it was up close to 20 points or so. It wasn't real wide or anything, just very gnarly. Points all over the place. That was 30 years ago when I saw it, and it looked old then.

dank1296

1977 Oglethorpe County Lease Next To Hogan And Zebo Land I think was off Bethesda Church Rd. 7 pointer opening day in rain. 9 pointer 10 days later. Then had dry spell for about 8 years before killed another deer. Mounted by the old man at Cherokee Taxidermy in Canton, 125.00 each. Still in great shape.

Attachments

• IMG_8201.JPG
    IMG_8201.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8202.JPG
    IMG_8202.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 32

dank1296

1977 Oglethorpe County Lease Next To Hogan And Zebo Land I think was off Bethesda Church Rd. 7 pointer opening day in rain. 9 pointer 10 days later. Then had dry spell for about 8 years before killed another deer. Mounted by the old man at Cherokee Taxidermy in Canton, 125.00 each. Still in great shape.
Was 15 Years old 1st two deer. Picture was in the old Georgia Sportsman in one of the 1978 issues. If anyone has that particuliar issue i will buy it off you. Dont know which month.

krizia829

This is my boss' 1972 Florida Everglades buck that he keeps in the office! He got it mounted for free for being the largest one taken in the area that year. I believe it was taken from the top of his full track he still has parked here in his office. Still being used today!

thumbnail_IMG_0114.jpg

TJay

OK Milkman here ya go. Better late than never I guess. This was my first "racked" buck shot in 1981 near Bradley Arkansas. Kind of an oddball looking guy with two main beams.

Attachments

• IMG_1906bradleybuck.JPG
    IMG_1906bradleybuck.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 37

specialk

My dad killed this about 73, running dogs in VA....just us 6, no radios, 4wd, or rifles. Unique 7 pt with heavy palmated horn but very little mass off the bases....old mount held up good....daddy shot it in the face/neck then it turned and he shot again in the side.....you can see where a buckshot hit the main beam....everybody has passed in that pic except the 2 boys....im the one on the right....just got the head from my home in VA and hung it where i could snap some pics ....

MORE PICS HERE https://forum.gon.com/threads/50-yr-old-23-inch-mount.1041743/#post-14007740

20230808_064833.jpg20230806_092351.jpg

Hawken2222

Here is my oldest one from 1995. Gene Milligan was the taxi.

Attachments

• IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 10