Wife needs reverse shoulder replacement

sinclair1

I’ve had both of my shoulders replaced in the past seven months. No problems. Just do the physical therapy.
You do the standard? They are doing the reverse joint on her. Cup on the bone.IMG_3716.jpeg

Last edited:

hipster dufus

Had a regular replaced just over 2 yrs ago, life changing. Do the pt! REPEAT, DO THE PT!!!!!! Be observe about it.

oldfella1962

Anyone had this surgery? I had never heard of reversing the joint.
Agree! Reverse shoulder replacement? I have never heard of it either. Medical science comes up with a lot of innovations no doubt about it.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I had reverse shoulder replacement in both of my shoulders. Dr couldn’t do a conventional surgery because I had no rotator cuff left in either shoulder. I had four rotator surgeries that kept failing.

sinclair1

I had reverse shoulder replacement in both of my shoulders. Dr couldn’t do a conventional surgery because I had no rotator cuff left in either shoulder. I had four rotator surgeries that kept failing.
Trying to decide how much time to take off and care for her. Looking at one week, then a week of half days. You think she could get around the house alone by week three?
Thanks

trad bow

People heal differently and deal with pain differently. She will need someone for a couple of weeks and after that she’ll need someone to drive her to pt. Normally four to six weeks before driving.

trad bow

Her arm won’t be looking good for a couple of weeks. That’s the bruises from surgery IMG_0403.jpeg

trad bow

Both my shoulders looked the same. Don’t know for certain but the bruises are inevitable.