Wiring ideas for ATV food plot accessories

I’m looking for ideas on how to wire my ATV accessories. Honda Rancher. I’d like to find a method to have one connection to my battery and then have a central hub where I can connect different accessories (spreaders, sprayers etc.). Make it easy to add and/or switch implement. On/off switch too. Pictures if you've got them. Thanks!

Jim Boyd

Relay hub and real easy to wire.

Just gotta match the relays to the loads, ie: 30 amps, 50 amps etc.

You can control with many different micro switches as the load to close the relay is maybe 50 mA. Maybe lower.

Good luck.

I’m looking for ideas on how to wire my ATV accessories. Honda Rancher. I’d like to find a method to have one connection to my battery and then have a central hub where I can connect different accessories (spreaders, sprayers etc.). Make it easy to add and/or switch implement. On/off switch too. Pictures if you've got them. Thanks!
You could add a small water proof fuse panel. Run your power and ground from your battery to the panel. Then you have different terminals to add accessories to it and all are fused

Why not just standardize the cord plugs on your various implements?

Then you only need one outlet for all.
Like a 2-way flat connector? I found this (see pic). I can cut the cigarette lighter plug off and wire that end to the 4-wheeler battery. Add 2-way plugs to seeder and spreader. Any reason that wouldn't work?

2-way wire harness.jpg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Like a 2-way flat connector? I found this (see pic). I can cut the cigarette lighter plug off and wire that end to the 4-wheeler battery. Add 2-way plugs to seeder and spreader. Any reason that wouldn't work?

View attachment 1220942

That’s exactly the way I have my sprayer, spreader, 4wheeler, and golf cart set up.

mattb78

I always build brackets to attach the sprayer and spreader to the ATV, and in that bracket I build a spot for a small deep cycle battery.

Elkbane

One other thing you may need to consider - I learned this the hard way. My 26 gallon sprayer was drawing 17 Amps sitting in the back of Kawasaki Mule. But the Mule only has a 10 Amp alternator.......so after prolonged use, it would run the battery down and the Mule would react. It had a chip that dropped out the least harmful item which was the electronic power steering....

Just saying, it's good to know power usage of your implements...
Elkbane

sowega hunter

I ran a regular household female connector to my battery and put male ends on my accessories. I have a spreader and a sprayer and have never had an issue either or my battery. I do have a trickle charger hooked up to my ATV through the same plug all the time the ATV is not in use.