WMA Bait or Feed

According to the Georgia Hunting Regulations under Unlawful activities on WMA's it says: "Placing bait or wildlife food and hunting any game species or feral hog over bait". I take this to mean you cannot hunt over bait. I assume you can put food or minerals out during the off season, anyone know a rule against this ?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
According to the Georgia Hunting Regulations under Unlawful activities on WMA's it says: "Placing bait or wildlife food and hunting any game species or feral hog over bait". I take this to mean you cannot hunt over bait. I assume you can put food or minerals out during the off season, anyone know a rule against this ?
Nooo no no no NO!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Nope.

Screenshot_20200218-172940_Chrome.jpg

Illegal to...
Hunt any game or feral hog over bait or place bait on any State or Federal managed lands.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Some WMA’s don’t allow you to scout in the off season.
Meaning you could be charged with trespassing even if you have a license.
One kernal of corn in the truck bed and your just driving through could be possession of bait on All Wma.
If you want to bait or put minerals you had better go do it on private property.

Nope.

View attachment 1003420

Illegal to...
Hunt any game or feral hog over bait or place bait on any State or Federal managed lands.
Gotcha, was only referring to off season not hunting over bait. Got plenty of answers from everyone though. It was just a thought for the off season. I’ve hunted the Northern zone for 40 years and until just recently have always hunted without bait so it’s no big deal to me

Gator89

Read closely, "or place bait on any state or federal managed land", there is no reference to open or closed season.

Blackston

So I should sweep my truck before goin to a quota hunt ? Heck I’ve gone and scouted with bags of corn in my truck. Guess I’m still an outlaw

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Not if the DNR does the planting and then opens the spot to hunting like they do for Doves.

Fletch_W

Banned
People are definitely baiting in Redlands WMA around the ranger station access, on Harris Creek near the junction with Oconee River. I was small game hunting two weeks ago and found what I thought was an antifreeze jug by the creek, but I kicked it over and it was something called "deer crack". It apparently works because there was deer sign everywhere.

People are definitely baiting in Redlands WMA around the ranger station access, on Harris Creek near the junction with Oconee River. I was small game hunting two weeks ago and found what I thought was an antifreeze jug by the creek, but I kicked it over and it was something called "deer crack". It apparently works because there was deer sign everywhere.
Some People will always break the law. I originally asked the question because the way I read the regs it said nothing about baiting out of season but, I was wrong as many have pointed out in this thread. I’ll not bait. I hunted for many years without cameras or bait. It’s a little more difficult but it can be done