WMA coyote hunting

Khondker

Is coyote hunting allowed in WMA's outside small game hunting dates?

Thanks.

35 Whelen

On WMA'S they can be killed anytime there is an open season for a game animal, however you must use the legal weapon(s) for the game animal. For example, during turkey season you can kill coyotes but only with legal turkey hunting weapons. Same for feral hogs.

Khondker

On WMA'S they can be killed anytime there is an open season for a game animal, however you must use the legal weapon(s) for the game animal. For example, during turkey season you can kill coyotes but only with legal turkey hunting weapons. Same for feral hogs.
Got it. Thanks. Turkey season no centerfire or rimfire weapons. On small game dates - rimfire or shotgun only.

menhadenman

But until the 29th, I could do so with a 22 mag or shotgun correct? Using an electronic call? Daytime of course.

Sure wish they’d loosen the restrictions on hog and coyote hunting here in the mountains. I haven’t lived here long but can’t imagine those critters have been good for small game, upland birds, and deer in the national forests.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
But until the 29th, I could do so with a 22 mag or shotgun correct? Using an electronic call? Daytime of course.

Sure wish they’d loosen the restrictions on hog and coyote hunting here in the mountains. I haven’t lived here long but can’t imagine those critters have been good for small game, upland birds, and deer in the national forests.
Not sure about the electronic call, during small game season...