Wounded Warrior Project Hunt

SC Hunter

This past week I got to talking to one of the men that is on the volunteer fire department in the town I live in and he mentioned that there was going to be a wounded warriors hunt this weekend. Of course I immediately said that I wanted to be involved and wanted to be a guide. I got paired up with a fella named Jason, that was a few years older than myself. Turns out he was a rescue diver in the navy and had sustained a injury to his arm that ended his career. We got to talking and he was from Mass. and said he'd never been hunting before and that he didn't have a clue what to do. We got in the stand which was a tower stand overlooking a small food plot about a acre or so and got everything situated, we were there maybe 10 minutes when the first deer came out a yearling doe. He said he didn't want to shoot the first one that came out and wanted to wait for something bigger. Eventually a big doe came into the plot and he made a absolute perfect double lung shot on her with a 308 he had borrowed. :shoot::fine: Right after he shot he looked at me smiling and said is it normal to be this nervous and shaking like this?? Just before dark 3 more deer came into the plot and he took the biggest of the 3 with another perfect shot!! I honestly think that I was shaking more than he was!
Once it got dark we eased down and went to find his deer, the expression on his face was priceless when that flashlight beam hit the white belly! :yeah: we shared high fives and a hug and started the drag out. The second one was a little harder to find because she didn't bleed much but she didn't go far. I got a call this morning while I was at work from Jason that he had smoked another doe!

I came away with an experience that I will remember the rest of my life as I'm sure everybody else involved did too! It made me realize how lucky I truly am to be able to not have an injury that keeps my from doing normal every day things that some of these guys have. I will surely be helping out with more WWP events in the future because I had a blast. I'd strongly encourage anybody that can to get involved with this group. Special thanks to Rock Hill Plantation and everybody that was involved:flag::cheers:

lbzdually

Banned
It's good that you took a wounded vet hunting, but Wounded warriors is ran by anti-gun liberals just so you know.

Gulfin

We did our first WW hunt last year and it was by far the best weekend of my season. Doing our 2nd one the weekend of Dec.12, can't wait......