WTB some Feral Hogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertdawg

He asked a simple question, and he was given more questions than answers. If you dont have pigs for him why reply with silly comments? Sorry I posted but it was just a simple question.

Jester896

Senior Clown
hey ya'll im lookin to buy some feral hogs, Im wanting about 3 to 5 at least one Boar. If anybody has any give me a PM. Im located in the Macon area and will come and get them.
Thanks
Scotty

He specifically asked for feral hogs. As long as USDA goes in and inspects them within 30 days of transporting them there is no problem. If you can't get USDA to go in the swamp to inspect them on their own then.. Go, catch, pen where they were caught, inspect, then transport. If that is the case then the law hasn't been violated. He can release them if he has the landowner’s permission. He still hasn't broken the law. Anybody know any landowners who want them released? :mad: most everything else is :offtopic::stir::stir: and I am only referring to GA since he is in the MACON AREA. Next time I go I will get you 4 sows and a boar no problem. You going to need to bring ice when you pick um up:cheers:

HOGDOG76

he specifically asked for feral hogs. As long as usda goes in and inspects them within 30 days of transporting them there is no problem. If you can't get usda to go in the swamp to inspect them on their own then.. Go, catch, pen where they were caught, inspect, then transport. If that is the case then the law hasn't been violated. He can release them if he has the landowner’s permission. He still hasn't broken the law. Anybody know any landowners who want them released? :mad: Most everything else is :offtopic::stir::stir: And i am only referring to ga since he is in the macon area. Next time i go i will get you 4 sows and a boar no problem. You going to need to bring ice when you pick um up:cheers:
you may be a poacher but i take back every other bad thing i every said because this is the most well informed post on this thread yet! If you would like to meet some landowners who want them though get out of our neck of the woods and away from the ag industry say camden,brantley,clinch counties and landowners will beg for you to bring them hogs i guess if the choice is a 80 inch buck or 300lb boar with teeth hogs are the trophy!

merican

I am pretty new here, but have noticed on several occasions all it takes is mention of release or transport and some poor guy looses his thread. Not trying to stirr the pot just an observation.

redlevel

He specifically asked for feral hogs. As long as USDA goes in and inspects them within 30 days of transporting them there is no problem. If you can't get USDA to go in the swamp to inspect them on their own then.. Go, catch, pen where they were caught, inspect, then transport. If that is the case then the law hasn't been violated. He can release them if he has the landowner’s permission. He still hasn't broken the law.

THIS IS THE MOST WELL INFORMED POST ON THIS THREAD YET! !

Well, I guess this is where we can all agree. No one can take offense if someone abides by the law. As I understand it, the conditions Jester has laid out are what it takes to catch hogs and release them in a legal manner.

I would bet, though, the ratio of those released illegally to those released legally would run at least 999 to 1.

I would guess that the landowner might be subject to livestock enclosure laws if "his" pigs caused an accident, though.

Jester896

Senior Clown
YOU MAY BE A POACHER BUT I TAKE BACK EVERY OTHER BAD THING I EVERY SAID BECAUSE THIS IS THE MOST WELL INFORMED POST ON THIS THREAD YET! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOME LANDOWNERS WHO WANT THEM THOUGH GET OUT OF OUR NECK OF THE WOODS AND AWAY FROM THE AG INDUSTRY SAY CAMDEN,BRANTLEY,CLINCH COUNTIES AND LANDOWNERS WILL BEG FOR YOU TO BRING THEM HOGS:rofl: I GUESS IF THE CHOICE IS A 80 INCH BUCK OR 300LB BOAR WITH TEETH HOGS ARE THE TROPHY!

LOL...That is why they only have 80 inch bucks:rofl::rofl:

HOGDOG76

well, i guess this is where we can all agree. No one can take offense if someone abides by the law. As i understand it, the conditions jester has laid out are what it takes to catch hogs and release them in a legal manner.

I would bet, though, the ratio of those released illegally to those released legally would run at least 999 to 1.

I would guess that the landowner might be subject to livestock enclosure laws if "his" pigs caused an accident, though.

that is what i find ridiculous about our argument. Illegal relocation is wrong but why leave a legal loophole at all if there is a legitimate threat of spreading disease or bankrupting the ag industry since the animals are feral and not domestic i dont believe there is any liability especially since there would be no way of establishing who let that particular hog go

Jester896

Senior Clown
According to Wolfpack in another thread..It is legal as long as you have acquired a permit through Dept. of Agriculture to transport live hogs......only IF.....the hog being transported is going to a "high fenced" ranch or the destination is a place of slaughter

He is in FL and if that is the way the law is written there I am kind of OK with that as well. Most high fence areas maintain them well and they are less likely to get out destroying someone else’s property. Usually they maintain food sources as well as the fences so they are more likely not to leave there. Free range is a whole different thing. I could only hope that GA adapts some of the same polices. I personally totally disagree with free range release of feral hogs of any kind. You can have all of the hogs we catch if you want them just bring ice so they don’t spoil on the way home. I would rather put someone on a 140+ inch deer than transport hogs to create a problem that until now didn’t exist. If the food sources were better in Camden, Brantley, and Clinch they would have hogs. There are plenty in Lowndes it won’t take um long to work through Lanier.

Allen Waters

He specifically asked for feral hogs. As long as USDA goes in and inspects them within 30 days of transporting them there is no problem. If you can't get USDA to go in the swamp to inspect them on their own then.. Go, catch, pen where they were caught, inspect, then transport. If that is the case then the law hasn't been violated. He can release them if he has the landowner’s permission. He still hasn't broken the law. Anybody know any landowners who want them released? :mad: most everything else is :offtopic::stir::stir: and I am only referring to GA since he is in the MACON AREA. Next time I go I will get you 4 sows and a boar no problem. You going to need to bring ice when you pick um up:cheers:
:rofl::rofl:

Re

All he had to do was state what he was doing with them, but he did not, and then when asked, he still did not answer, sooo like others, one would assume he might be going to set'em loose somewhere's. Yep! i know what assuming things does. :D

Guess yall scared him off and we'll never know now::ke:

Just wanting the SOW for the Boar. The Boar for the breeding. and the piglets to eat. in a pen, not intending to let them go. Seemed like a easy yes/no question, sorry if i did'nt tell ya'll what i did last night either. Thats all i wanted to know, not if hog doggin was the same as trapping, or if they had ears or teeth still on them, just wanting a couple for fun and killing them when they get a little bigger. They sure do taste good, and moneys tight with the Obama Administration:huh:, and Yes money is an issue too. or im gonna blame it on that when my wife ask about them in the pen. I guess some questions you can't get a straight answer on. Thanks to the guys that did give me a response on the question i asked, i sure do appreciate it.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Personally I hope you wore it out last night:rofl: You get um inspected, help me catch um and I will bring um to ya..No Problem:cheers::cool:

redlevel

Just wanting the SOW for the Boar. The Boar for the breeding. and the piglets to eat. in a pen, not intending to let them go. Seemed like a easy yes/no question, sorry if i did'nt tell ya'll what i did last night either. Thats all i wanted to know, not if hog doggin was the same as trapping, or if they had ears or teeth still on them, just wanting a couple for fun and killing them when they get a little bigger. They sure do taste good, and moneys tight with the Obama Administration:huh:, and Yes money is an issue too. or im gonna blame it on that when my wife ask about them in the pen. I guess some questions you can't get a straight answer on. Thanks to the guys that did give me a response on the question i asked, i sure do appreciate it.

You will probably come out much cheaper in the long run, and you will definitely have better stock, if you go to a livestock sale and buy some domesticated stock. Someone will haul them to you for a nominal charge.

Far as that goes, if money is really an issue, you can go to the grocery store and buy your pork cheaper than you can raise it, if you have to buy feed for the hogs. Do you have any idea how much feed a boar and three or four sows will eat? If you have three or four sows, that's 40 to 50 pigs a year you are going to have to deal with.

Also, any time someone on this forum wants to buy a feral boar and three or four sows, I am going to question their motives. That's why they call it a "forum." If you didn't want all the comments, you should have put a wanted ad in the Market Bulletin, or even on the S&S on this site where comments aren't allowed.

Jester896

Senior Clown
You will probably come out much cheaper in the long run, and you will definitely have better stock, if you go to a livestock sale and buy some domesticated stock. Someone will haul them to you for a nominal charge.

Far as that goes, if money is really an issue, you can go to the grocery store and buy your pork cheaper than you can raise it, if you have to buy feed for the hogs. Do you have any idea how much feed a boar and three or four sows will eat? If you have three or four sows, that's 40 to 50 pigs a year you are going to have to deal with.

Also, any time someone on this forum wants to buy a feral boar and three or four sows, I am going to question their motives. That's why they call it a "forum." If you didn't want all the comments, you should have put a wanted ad in the Market Bulletin, or even on the S&S on this site where comments aren't allowed.

And there you have it. When he realizes just how much it will cost for food and the rest of the problems that WILL go along with the raising of these pigs, Redlevels figures are pretty correct, you will have about 80 pigs 4 sows and a worn out boar. Then all of a sudden you will realize that you cannot maintain your original goals and have no other choice but to turn them loose because nobody will help you with your problem of under nourished pigs. Oh yea, the second year will be even more productive. You simply cannot eat all that you will have. That’s were these people see this going. Why…because it has happened time and time again. Why not just go to a place that has wild hogs, kill a couple of them, bring um home, eat them, and when they are gone, go get a couple more. If money is a real issue, you buy the gas, come down, we will get you a couple of pigs, and I will buy the ice for the trip home with them. That way Redlevel will not have to worry about the pigs you will eventually have to turn loose 3 counties away. Butler and Reynolds area is fine just the way it is. Best darn gun store in these parts…oh wait parts store.

And there you have it. When he realizes just how much it will cost for food and the rest of the problems that WILL go along with the raising of these pigs, Redlevels figures are pretty correct, you will have about 80 pigs 4 sows and a worn out boar. Then all of a sudden you will realize that you cannot maintain your original goals and have no other choice but to turn them loose because nobody will help you with your problem of under nourished pigs. Oh yea, the second year will be even more productive. You simply cannot eat all that you will have. That’s were these people see this going. Why…because it has happened time and time again. Why not just go to a place that has wild hogs, kill a couple of them, bring um home, eat them, and when they are gone, go get a couple more. If money is a real issue, you buy the gas, come down, we will get you a couple of pigs, and I will buy the ice for the trip home with them. That way Redlevel will not have to worry about the pigs you will eventually have to turn loose 3 counties away. Butler and Reynolds area is fine just the way it is. Best darn gun store in these parts…oh wait parts store.

Glad you cleared that up before ""SOMEONE"" started :cry: again.....

MULE

Unless you know the manager at a restaurant and he'll let you have all the scraps at the end of the night. Hog food is real cheap then.

Status
Not open for further replies.