yall be careful out there...they still moving

RedFoxx

killed this one yesterday it was out sunning in the weeds on the edge of a field.. One of my three GSP's had it pointed.. The other two had gone on by it the wind was blowing into the bushes thank goodness.. Bout had a stroke trying to get them out of the field and away from it.. I was actually picking at my dog...telling it why you pointing when the other two had gone on by... cant be anything there because Maddie(the oldest and best hunter) would have pointed and about that time I saw what she was pointing...thank goodness the snake was stretched out and she was pointing at the tail end of it...I know i probably scared the heck out of my dogs cause i commenced to screaming and hollering and i ran out into the field cause they always follow me when i do that so i got them around and away from it...

Attachments

• rattlesnake.jpg
    rattlesnake.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 187

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Nice belt. :bounce: :rockon:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If there was one out here this morning, you could pick it up and use it as a prybar or hammer. :)

35 Whelen

14 degrees up here on this mountain right now, not to worried about seeing one.

P6smSKC

I’ve never seen a rattler of any kind while out in the woods, glad I haven’t been but but I would love to try one simetime I hear it’s alright eating. be cool to save the rattle too.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I’ve never seen a rattler of any kind while out in the woods, glad I haven’t been but but I would love to try one simetime I hear it’s alright eating. be cool to save the rattle too.

There`s not enough meat on even a big one to warrant killing it simply for food. At the rate diamondbacks are disappearing, they won`t be around too many more years. And it will be a shame.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
It's a tough 180. We were all taught to stretch them across the tailgate, but you're right they've become few and far-between

buckmanmike

I found one about 18" long under a sheet of metal roofing yesterday. Too close to camp to let it go. I tromp all over the area where he was.