You think they will stick to it?

Will the people who have sworn off College Football be back this upcoming season?

• Absolutely, Just looking for something to complain about

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Absolutney Not, they are men of their word

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Madsnooker

I think boosters will be hesitant to donate if the college they are invested in that spend years recruiting a 4-5 star has no guarantee that the player stays there. Kinda like the stock market, no stability then my money is going elsewhere.

I have no interest in a football team that basically turns into a one and done basketball team, not playing instead of developing they hit the portal. Every one of these kids think they are the stud because they were coddled during HS. Sorry kiddos but a very small percentage of the so called studs make it to the big show. Don't worry you will have the XFL or Canadian league pick you up.
I get what you are saying I just think it's overstated. Basketball Is different as players can jump to the NBA out of highschool or 1 year in college. They can't do that in football. They have to stay 3 years before they jump. Yes, they can get in the portal, and right now, it's a mess, but I really believe in a year or two, there will be guardrails in place with a much tighter window on the portal. As for my Buckeyes, most of the draft eligible players didn't leave and decided to come back for unfinished business and obviously nil helped and I'm glad for it. It's a win win!!!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Mostly fans of teams that suck is who I’m seeing that’s about done :bounce:
I know couple DAWG diehards in that club so duck when you fire that shot. :bounce:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I'm looking forward to another great college football season!!! 12 team playoff means there will be alot of very meaningfull games late in the season and teams trying to get in top 4 for a bye. There will also be more teams playing for a playoff spot so there will be more games I will want to watch. The more I think about it the more I can't wait for the season to get here. I garuntee this next season will be the most watched in history for all the reasons I just said. :wink:
You're only waiting on next year because it's gonna be "next year" again for tOsU :p

bullgator

They been waiting on this.....
Calling a tOSU vs UGA in Natty this season. Looking forward to how it all plays out :pop:
164 days till we find out
I’m still kind of interested this year. Only because I think there’s a chance they correct the ridiculousness of NIL and the portal. But if they aren’t turning this around by then,……..C-ya!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Coaches who learn the new recruiting process of the portal will be successful. Remember Bill Snyder of KState built great teams of the old Big12 fame by recruiting from the community college ranks year after year. Now the process has just switched to other D1 schools.

Now the NIL is another wretch thrown into the mix.

bullgator

Actually last year Sherron Moore was the coach in that game because the cheater was suspended so we will see how it goes this year? :wink:
So y’all got beat by a backup coach?!
Harbaugh is a quirky and awkward guy, but he’s won everywhere he’s coached. He took Stanford further than they’ve been in a long time,…..or since. He‘s been to the Super Bowl, and has a CFB NC to his credit.
Hate to say it Snook, but Day isn’t in Harbaugh’s league as a coach, even with better recruiting classes.

Madsnooker

So y’all got beat by a backup coach?!
Harbaugh is a quirky and awkward guy, but he’s won everywhere he’s coached. He took Stanford further than they’ve been in a long time,…..or since. He‘s been to the Super Bowl, and has a CFB NC to his credit.
Hate to say it Snook, but Day isn’t in Harbaugh’s league as a coach, even with better recruiting classes.
Day beat him the first matchup. He backed out of the second matchup when he knew he was going to get spanked and he thought he would keep OSU out of the playoffs. I lost what tiny respect I had for him after that. That was a bush league move. Then Stallions was hired and we all know the video evidence of what a cheater he and hairball were. Then hairball straight up lied and said he didn't know Stallions was on the sideline when he was calling offensive AND defensive play calls through the coordinators. Are you kidding me???? Remember, hairball was 26-24 against the Big and nothing changed with their recruiting then they went 32-2 against the BIG during Stallions tenure. Cmon man!!!!!:rolleyes: If you think what Stallions did was no big deal your blind or a hater. We saw the team Day had agaisnt GA and we saw what happend to hairball when it's been proven and documented that he had no surveillance on a mediocre TCU team and how did that turn out??? That was overwhelming evidence of what ttun had done. That wasn't coincidence. People act like hairball just got to ttun. He flounderd for 7 years until Stallions was hired period. I know, just coincidence. Hairball wanted no part of another season in Michigan and even their own fans admit that.

Sorry for the rant as I just posted more in this reply then I ever did in any other reply about the whole situation but I couldn't help it with your statement. DAY will start his 6th season ever as a head coach. You can count on 3 fingers a coach that has done more then Day in their first 6 seasons as a head coach. Let's see how the next 2-3 years play out.

Last edited:

bullgator

Day beat him the first matchup. He backed out of the second matchup when he knew he was going to get spanked and he thought he would keep OSU out of the playoffs. I lost what tiny respect I had for him after that. That was a bush league move. Then Stallions was hired and we all know the video evidence of what a cheater he and hairball were. Then hairball straight up lied and said he didn't know Stallions was on the sideline when he was calling offensive AND defensive play calls through the coordinators. Are you kidding me???? Remember, hairball was 26-24 against the Big and nothing changed with their recruiting then they went 32-2 against the BIG during Stallions tenure. Cmon man!!!!!:rolleyes: If you think what Stallions did was no big deal your blind or a hater. We saw the team Day had agaisnt GA and we saw what happend to hairball when it's been proven and documented that he had no surveillance on a mediocre TCU team and how did that turn out??? That was overwhelming evidence of what ttun had done. That wasn't coincidence. People act like hairball just got to ttun. He flounderd for 7 years until Stallions was hired period. I know, just coincidence. Hairball wanted no part of another season in Michigan and even their own fans admit that.

Sorry for the rant as I just posted more in this reply then I ever did in any other reply about the whole situation but I couldn't help it with your statement. DAY will start his 6th season ever as a head coach. You can count on 3 fingers a coach that has done more then Day in their first 6 seasons as a head coach. Let's see how the next 2-3 years play out.
But, but, ……..just win baby! ::ke:
Hey, I’m no Harbaugh fan, I find him an odd bird at minimum, but he wins at every level he’s ever been at.
Sorry, but Day has had top 5 recruiting classes to work with since he was handed the keys, including what he inherited from Urban. Other than the close loss to Georgia, he’s pretty much underperformed IMO. I think there’s several other coaches, including Harbaugh, that could have taken OSU’s roster to a NC.

Madsnooker

But, but, ……..just win baby! ::ke:
Hey, I’m no Harbaugh fan, I find him an odd bird at minimum, but he wins at every level he’s ever been at.
Sorry, but Day has had top 5 recruiting classes to work with since he was handed the keys, including what he inherited from Urban. Other than the close loss to Georgia, he’s pretty much underperformed IMO. I think there’s several other coaches, including Harbaugh, that could have taken OSU’s roster to a NC.
That's a fair assessment. I'm where alot of GA fans were at with Kirby before he won a NC. Great recruiter and won a lot of games but still climbing the mountain. And don't forget. If Day had the ball bounce the other direction on about 5 plays in the 4th qtr against ga he would have a NC now. I know, he didn't and that's football. I just know he has recruited and coached as good as I could have hoped for after Meyer left. If someone told me the day Meyer was stepping down that the next coach would go 58-8, never losing a game to any team ranked outside of the top 10, win multiple BIG 10 champoinships, win a Rose bowl and a Sugar bowl, blow out Dabo and Clempsum at the height of Clemsun in a playoff game and miss a FG for a NC, in just his first 5 seasons of ever being a head coach, I would have thought I was talking to another lunatic Buckeye fan. :bounce: Im not a lunatic Buckeye fan that lives and makes emotional judgements in the moment and frankly I'm extremely happy what Day has done. Has there been extremely disheartening moments, absolutely. I couldn't be more excited where it looks like Day is headed in his infant coaching career.

bullgator

That's a fair assessment. I'm where alot of GA fans were at with Kirby before he won a NC. Great recruiter and won a lot of games but still climbing the mountain. And don't forget. If Day had the ball bounce the other direction on about 5 plays in the 4th qtr against ga he would have a NC now. I know, he didn't and that's football. I just know he has recruited and coached as good as I could have hoped for after Meyer left. If someone told me the day Meyer was stepping down that the next coach would go 58-8, never losing a game to any team ranked outside of the top 10, win multiple BIG 10 champoinships, win a Rose bowl and a Sugar bowl, blow out Dabo and Clempsum at the height of Clemsun in a playoff game and miss a FG for a NC, in just his first 5 seasons of ever being a head coach, I would have thought I was talking to another lunatic Buckeye fan. :bounce: Im not a lunatic Buckeye fan that lives and makes emotional judgements in the moment and frankly I'm extremely happy what Day has done. Has there been extremely disheartening moments, absolutely. I couldn't be more excited where it looks like Day is headed in his infant coaching career.
I’m glad your happy with Day. I’m just saying I don’t think he’s done anything special that several other coaches couldn’t have done with that roster, if not better. It also seems like he’s trending in the wrong direction the last couple of years while recruiting has stayed strong.
I think he’s close to a hot seat situation with the Buckeye fans in the next year if he’s not at least in the NC game.

Madsnooker

I’m glad your happy with Day. I’m just saying I don’t think he’s done anything special that several other coaches couldn’t have done with that roster, if not better. It also seems like he’s trending in the wrong direction the last couple of years while recruiting has stayed strong.
I think he’s close to a hot seat situation with the Buckeye fans in the next year if he’s not at least in the NC game.
That's true with alot of nutjob OSU fans that their life is based in OSU winning or losing no doubt. NC are very hard to win and you need some luck to go your way most times. Saban, with #1 recruiting classes most of the time did not win a NC since 2020 season. That's 3 straight years with no title.

bullgator

That's true with alot of nutjob OSU fans that their life is based in OSU winning or losing no doubt. NC are very hard to win and you need some luck to go your way most times. Saban, with #1 recruiting classes most of the time did not win a NC since 2020 season. That's 3 straight years with no title.
Saban won enough though.