You think they will stick to it?

Will the people who have sworn off College Football be back this upcoming season?

• Absolutely, Just looking for something to complain about

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Absolutney Not, they are men of their word

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bullgator

I’m about half gone already. I’m with dutchie, this coming season will make or break me if they don’t stabilize the game. The thing I always liked about college ball was watching the ‘process’. By that I mean the recruitment through 3-4 years of development. I would be excited about the young guys coming back and the new recruits coming in. Now, the roster changes daily and has to be relearned every year, there’s no loyalty, education is an afterthought, players skip bowl games, and 22 year olds buy Lamborghinis. I watched YT video yesterday of 2 Georgia OL guys doing a bourbon hunt with a regular YTer around Athens. The players are kinda new to the bourbon hobby but we’re buying $200 bottles and bought several bottles to “try”.
Yep, this may be my last season. Somebody else can support this idiocy.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
It won’t all happen at once most likely. It’ll be a trickle effect. If they would straighten out the calendar and do something with NIL that make sense it would work wonders but they seem determined to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. I imagine people will leave a little at a time and rather than make a correction they’ll put the pedal to the floor.

dutchie49

I quit watching Pro Football when the "kneeling and woke agenda" came out, was a Rabid Steeler fan, took to watching college and loved watching, as bull gator said, the developement and maturing of these young men. Hope they get it right.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It won’t all happen at once most likely. It’ll be a trickle effect. If they would straighten out the calendar and do something with NIL that make sense it would work wonders but they seem determined to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. I imagine people will leave a little at a time and rather than make a correction they’ll put the pedal to the floor.
Wisdom here, I was a diehard Packers fan. Every season after the woke started I was less interested. It dwindled away to where I didn’t watch a single game last season. As much as I love watching the Tide beatup on the DAWGs I’m fedup with the minor league style structure. My interest is fading.

DannyW

I can truthfully say that I have pretty much stuck to my guns about not watching college football. I can near about name the games I've watched.

Nothing in 2021 (?)
UGA vs OSU 2022 NC semi-final
UGA vs TCU 2022 NC final (first 5 minutes and turned it off)
Al vs Auburn 2023 regular season (last 5 minutes)
Al vs Michigan 2023 NC semi-final (not whole game, bits and pieces)

And that's about it for the last three years. Add it all up and I may have watched about 120 minutes total over the last three years.

Prior to that I would watch 120 minutes, or more, on any given Saturday in the fall.

I just lost interest when the greed set in. I realized pretty quick these boys were playing for a "college" in name only. No loyalty.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I'll probably make it through this season, but after that who knows. Once my vision of NFL Lite comes to pass I'll be done. Die hard 49ers fan for 35yrs but all but gave that up after the last strike and the Kapernick woke crap finished me off. Don't watch XFL, USFL or CFL, why would I watch another semi-pro league?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I don't know if either is true but I do know this. The overall competitiveness of division 1 and 2 sports, especially the major sports, is likely to decrease because of this. The divide between the have and have not colleges in the conferences will grow so the level of competition will drop as a result. They'll be a lot more blowouts and shutouts and eventually that will hurt the overall product.

Madsnooker

I'm looking forward to another great college football season!!! 12 team playoff means there will be alot of very meaningfull games late in the season and teams trying to get in top 4 for a bye. There will also be more teams playing for a playoff spot so there will be more games I will want to watch. The more I think about it the more I can't wait for the season to get here. I garuntee this next season will be the most watched in history for all the reasons I just said. :wink:

westcobbdog

I’m about half gone already. I’m with dutchie, this coming season will make or break me if they don’t stabilize the game. The thing I always liked about college ball was watching the ‘process’. By that I mean the recruitment through 3-4 years of development. I would be excited about the young guys coming back and the new recruits coming in. Now, the roster changes daily and has to be relearned every year, there’s no loyalty, education is an afterthought, players skip bowl games, and 22 year olds buy Lamborghinis. I watched YT video yesterday of 2 Georgia OL guys doing a bourbon hunt with a regular YTer around Athens. The players are kinda new to the bourbon hobby but we’re buying $200 bottles and bought several bottles to “try”.
Yep, this may be my last season. Somebody else can support this idiocy.
That and it's gotta be painful to watch the once proud now toothless Gators as of late

DannyW

Don't watch XFL, USFL or CFL, why would I watch another semi-pro league?

Agreed. The only reason it has a chance is because there is a college as part of the name. We will see how long that keeps the sport propped up.

I will admit that I love keeping up with the football threads on GON.

Cool Hand Luke

I'm looking forward to another great college football season!!! 12 team playoff means there will be alot of very meaningfull games late in the season and teams trying to get in top 4 for a bye. There will also be more teams playing for a playoff spot so there will be more games I will want to watch. The more I think about it the more I can't wait for the season to get here. I garuntee this next season will be the most watched in history for all the reasons I just said. :wink:
I'll never ever not follow my DAWGS! I watch NFL too. I just like football. That's all.
Well said (y)
166 days until August 31st, 2024 :cheers:

Swamprat

Swamprat
I think boosters will be hesitant to donate if the college they are invested in that spend years recruiting a 4-5 star has no guarantee that player stays there. Kinda like the stock market, no stability then my money is going elsewhere.

I have no interest in a football team that basically turns into a one and done basketball team, not playing instead of developing they hit the portal. Every one of these kids think they are the stud because they were coddled during HS. Sorry kiddos but a very small percentage of the so called studs make it to the big show. Don't worry you will have the XFL or Canadian league pick you up.