Your Favorite Band

Darien1

Spencer Davis Group. They didn't have but one good hit but it's the best rock and roll song of all time. Gimme Some Lovin'

trout maharishi

I like so many different types of music and have many favorites depend on the jaundra. If I had to pick just one Steely Dan would be hard to beat. Their musical talent was expanded exponentially by the use of some of the finest jazz and rock studio musicians of the last 50 years.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Big7

The Oracle
My favorite "new" band is Greta Van Fleet.

Best new band since the early days of Guns & Roses IMO.

Big7

The Oracle
I always liked the Outlaws a lot too, AKA the Florida Guitar Army.

Hughie Thomasson and Billy Jones have passed away. Hughie was decent and Billy Jones could play with the best of them.

Henry Paul has had 3 successful careers.
Outlaws, Henry Paul Band and Blackhawk.

Billy Crain can flat wear it out and so can David Fiester too. In the below live version of "Grey Ghost". David Fiester plays the first solo and Billy Crain plays the second. It's a melt down.

They still tour but David has passed and Billy is old and ain't got it any more.
That's a young Billy Crain on the vid cover.

Last edited:

Blast

Little Feat is another awesome, talented band that many have never heard of.
Saw them with Huey Lewis and the News at Chastain Park in 2011. Little Feat was great and they are a true "jam band". I think they only played 3 or 4 songs in their set because they just keep jamming/playing off of each other through each song. Real musicians.

menhadenman

Here’s a list of GOATs:

Rock - Led Zep
Blue Grass - Del
Blues - Muddy
Country - Sr
Jazz - Louis
Swing - TX Playboys
Folk - Woody
Metal - Sabbath
R&B - Ray
Rap - n/a

I could grab one album from each on that list and survive the apocalypse.

Last edited:

Oldstick

Forced to go with only one then it is a tie between ZZ Top and the Rolling Stones. Both groups obviously nearing the end of their abilities to continue playing in front of audiences.