Zone 8 gator draw

Blackston

I’m sitting on 5 pts ….. I’ve read that last year 5 pts gave you a 78 % chance of being picked …. I grew up right there and am hopeful I can Do it my self ( I admit in my younger I’ve messed with a lizard or 2 ) ….. Am I being overconfident that I can probably do this or should I consider a guide or at least tag a long with someone ?

Last edited:

Deerhead

You can do it if you have a place to go. I would strongly recommend taking someone else with you. Its definitely a person job!

Blackston

You can do it if you have a place to go. I would strongly recommend taking someone else with you. Its definitely a person job!
I was planning on havin a “ reunion “ trip with a few fellas i grew up with …. When I said do it myself I guess I shoulda said “ ourselves “ no guide…. I figure between the Ogeechee and Savannah river we should be able to find one

Deerhead

Usually a guide knows where they are. But I have been twice. Both times on my own and we got a gator each time. Good Luck

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I think I could do it without a guide , and I’m pretty sure you can also , good luck !

Toliver

I think I could do it without a guide , and I’m pretty sure you can also , good luck !
Our group has never used a guide on Seminole in Zone 2. We did it wrong the first 2 seasons and went at it like deer hunting. Looked in the backwaters and thick stuff. I went to Florida and hunted with an expert. I learned something that has brought us success.... big gators are in big water. We now hunt the main lake body and it has gotten us an 11 and a 10.5.