More deer tags????

treadwell

Is this for real? "On February 13th, the Georgia state Senate Natural Resources and the Environment Committee approved Senate Bill 72, sponsored by Senator Tyler Harper (R-7), to repeal the prohibition on hunting of wildlife management areas (WMA) and increase the number of deer tags available to each hunter. SB 72 is now being considered by the whole Senate and may receive a floor vote as early as Wednesday, February 20th. "

Possum

Banned
Where are you seeing it say increase number of deer tags?

Possum

Banned
A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Chapter 1 of Title 27 of the O.C.G.A., relating to general provisions relative to game and fish, so as to remove a prohibition on hunting on wildlife management areas; to change the date of effective rules and regulations of the Board of Natural Resources; to amend Part 1 of Article 1 of Chapter 3 of Title 27 of the O.C.G.A., relating to general provisions relative to hunting, so as to provide for regulation of hunting with air guns of not less than 0.30 caliber; to modify seasons and bag limits for deer, opossum, and raccoon; to modify certain prohibitions relating to restrictions on hunting feral hogs; to amend various provisions of the O.C.G.A., so as to make conforming changes; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

I still can’t find that line?

treadwell

Again............It's NOT straight from Ga leg, it was probably propaganda sent out by NRA-ILA on their e-mail. All I did was copy and paste.
Georgia: WMA Hunting Bill to go to Senate Floor

Last edited:

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
As for me, I haven't shot a doe for close to 25 years now and I have never seen the need to do so.

I am surely not a Rocket Scientist BUT I am smart enough to know that if you kill out the majority of does, you're DANG sure not going to have very many new fawns being born each year to help continue the "normal" life cycle of our deer herd. The fact is, ONE doe is only capable of producing 1-2 new fawns on average each year, whereas one buck might be the father of maybe 5, 10, 20, 30, or more new fawns each year.

I see NO reason at all to be able to shoot up to 10 does each year on a "normal" hunting license. Of course, some of you also hunt of various WMA's or other specified hunts whereby the kills from those hunts don't count against the current limit of 2 bucks and 10 does for each season.

I WOULD BE REALLY SURPRISED IF ANYONE REALLY NEEDED AT LEAST 12 DEER PER YEAR AS THEIR MAIN FOOD SOURCE TO KEEP THEIR FAMILY FROM STARVING EITHER. TO THOSE, I SUGGEST THAT YOU PLANT A GARDEN INSTEAD AND SHOP AT YOUR LOCAL GROCERY STORES ETC.

To those that really believe that you need to kill 10 does each year, plus 2 bucks........................IN JUST A FEW SHORT YEARS, YOU WILL PROBABLY BE THE FIRST ONES TO SAY, "DUHHHHH, what happened to all of the nice deer that used to be in my area because I never see any of them anymore" !!!!! :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Just to clarify my above statements, WELL I've hunted for over 50 years now and I surely remember when we didn't have ANY deer in my area AND I ALSO REMEMBER WELL THE VERY FIRST DEER THAT I SAW ONE DAY IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. BACK THEN, WHEN DEER SEASON FINALLY BECAME AVAILABLE, WE HAD VERY TIGHT REGULATIONS AND COULD ONLY KILL A BUCK BUT NOT ANY DOES AT ALL. IT WAS BECAUSE OF THOSE TIGHT REGULATIONS THAT HAS ALLOWED US TO HAVE A MUCH HIGHER NUMBER OF DEER THESE DAYS TO HUNT. PLEASE DO YOU BEST TO REALIZE THAT GEORGIA NOR ANY OTHER STATE DOES NOT NEED TO HAVE A "FEAST OR FAMINE" SITUATION INVOLVED WHEN IT COMES TO DEER HUNTING.