2019-2020 Plantation Duck Club Thread...

Mexican Squealer

Saw a few birds in a couple of impoundments this evening. 77 woodducks, 4Gwt, 1 Grey, 15 ringnecks and 7 hairy heads...not much but hopefully birds showing back up this week.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Hope they come back in for y’all. Got to wait for deer season to go out before I can hit the river.

Mexican Squealer

Counted birds in 3 impoundments this pm. 100 or so wood ducks and three flocks of greenwings totaling about 65-70 birds. Hopeful about next weeks cold front...?

jasper181

Counted birds in 3 impoundments this pm. 100 or so wood ducks and three flocks of greenwings totaling about 65-70 birds. Hopeful about next weeks cold front...?
Hey man, I've been gone for 2 weeks but got back yesterday. I went by my property in Scotia, we had about 100 woodies and a few ringers too. Hoping for a little push, we shall see. I still want to come check out your place.

Mexican Squealer

Hey man, I've been gone for 2 weeks but got back yesterday. I went by my property in Scotia, we had about 100 woodies and a few ringers too. Hoping for a little push, we shall see. I still want to come check out your place.

Dusty, I’m right there on Tin Cup, just off Pleasant Hill. Come anytime! Ol’ lady (well she ain’t that old?) got me jammed with a Christmas commitment the 13th but I’m heading to camp around 10:00pm. Planning on staying through Sunday so come on by. Gonna have a big breakfast around 10:00 am opening am then stick around and deer hunt Sat eve/sun am. Drinks and steaks Sat pm. Would love to catch up with you and compare notes. Front next week is definitely encouraging. Gimme a shout when you can.

jasper181

Dusty, I’m right there on Tin Cup, just off Pleasant Hill. Come anytime! Ol’ lady (well she ain’t that old?) got me jammed with a Christmas commitment the 13th but I’m heading to camp around 10:00pm. Planning on staying through Sunday so come on by. Gonna have a big breakfast around 10:00 am opening am then stick around and deer hunt Sat eve/sun am. Drinks and steaks Sat pm. Would love to catch up with you and compare notes. Front next week is definitely encouraging. Gimme a shout when you can.
Sounds good man, I've been back and forth out of town. I've been over in SW GA guiding some quail hunts for a buddy of mine but I'll be home through the weekend. I was up today putting in a few new blinds we built, it definitely looks ducky! I'll definitely give you a shout.

Attachments

• Attach58927_20191210_161256_compress94.jpg
    Attach58927_20191210_161256_compress94.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20191210_155050_compress10.jpg
    IMG_20191210_155050_compress10.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

jdgator

Honestly I wouldn't be discouraged. I think the birds are going to imprint on your wetland if you don't pressure them too much. Especially if you continue the moist soil management. It's a long game.

Mexican Squealer

Yep, we have only shot 34 birds. 4 Wood Ducks and the rest being BWT, GWT, Pintails, Greys, Ringnecks and Mallards. The place has been managed and planted for over 30 years. “Normal” seasons the former owner would kill 800-1200 birds a season. Last two years have been far from normal.