Red Dot question???

longbowdave1

Aimtech mounting systems make a saddle mount just for the 835. Look them up on the web.

longbowdave1

Those pins just pushed out with a punch on my old 1100 remington. The saddle mounts usually come with bolts that thread in to the new mount. You just put your pins in a safe place in case you want to remove the saddle later on.

Wayne D Davis

Those pins just pushed out with a punch on my old 1100 remington. The saddle mounts usually come with bolts that thread in to the new mount. You just put your pins in a safe place in case you want to remove the saddle later on.
That's what I was thinking I just didn't want to mess up my Turkey killer. May just spend the 80 bucks and have it drilled

longbowdave1

The tapped rail may work better for you. The saddle mount can cause rust underneath them on the receiver, especially in your wet, humid climate. Either system will get the job done.

Wayne D Davis

The tapped rail may work better for you. The saddle mount can cause rust underneath them on the receiver, especially in your wet, humid climate. Either system will get the job done.
I bet it would being the saddle is metal.... good point. Pretty sure the reciever is aluminum?

longbowdave1

I saw a vented rib weaver mount on the web but their website was cooperating. Maybe they dont make them any longer.

Bubba_1122

I've used the B-Square mount on the 20 gauge and also the 28 gauge (the new Tristar has a pictanny mount).

Mount is threaded on one side and instead of the pins that usually hold the trigger assembly in place the saddle has 2 pins that screw into the threaded section.

It's a very stable platform for your optics.

Attachments

• Mount 20 ga.jpg
    Mount 20 ga.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 10
  • Mount 2.jpg
    Mount 2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 10

longbowdave1

I've used the B-Square mount on the 20 gauge and also the 28 gauge (the new Tristar has a pictanny mount).

Mount is threaded on one side and instead of the pins that usually hold the trigger assembly in place the saddle has 2 pins that screw into the threaded section.

It's a very stable platform for your optics.
I have a b square on my old 1100 for about 20 years. Never moved, never had any troubles.

Bubba_1122

I have a b square on my old 1100 for about 20 years. Never moved, never had any troubles.
Very stable mounting platform.

I generally take the saddle mount off when I deep clean the guns after turkey season (though obviously didn't on the 20 gauge). I've never had any rust though scratches and wear from installing/uninstalling the mount are something I think about (I generally run a piece of t-shirt material under them when I slide it on/take off and then I slide the cloth out).

On my 28 gauge I not only take off the saddle mount but also change stocks (from a vertical grip type synthetic stock to the standard wood stock (more comfortable for dove and ducks).

longbowdave1

I did a little work on the turkey gun, and thought I'd share a couple pictures. Mounted the sight to the barrel with a barrel sight clamp. I had had to notch my after market fore piece to fit snuggly around the clamp. A little cutting and filing,and it was done. It's only a 100$ gun, and a 20$ fore piece, so I wasn't to worried if I goofed it up. It turned out nice. Lot of guys set these little Pardners up for survival rifles in this way, so I had some videos to watch and learn from.red dot 1.jpg
red dot 2.jpgred dot 3.jpg

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
How do you guys get a consistent sight picture with the higher mounts...I tried a Bsq on my 870 and could not get use to any anchor.

longbowdave1

How do you guys get a consistent sight picture with the higher mounts...I tried a Bsq on my 870 and could not get use to any anchor.
I have one more piece of the puzzle coming in the mail, to address that very problem. I'll see how it works soon.