Can we fish under shelter in place order?

Washtub

Was planning on going fishing Friday with a buddy? Are we allowed to go fishing if we are keeping the fish for food?

Big7

The Oracle
Public ramps are closed. If you have access, you should be good. Even if you ain't I'm thinking they won't enforce that.

Fishermen & Women are not the "target" audience.?

Pop1414

I would say right now with Governor Kemp’s order to shelter in place I would not go. We all need to do our part to try and keep this thing from spreading. I fish by myself 95% of time avoiding contact with anyone around. I fish small lakes. Trolling motor only. Not many people around. But we need to do what ever we can to keep this thing from spreading.I know a lot of people are going to say they are not the problem , but as sportsmen we need to do our part and abide by the rules. I would love to go fishing, but I’ll do my part for the next few weeks to keep my family safe and stay home. Who knows after a a few weeks the fish may bite anything we throw at them , they may miss us as much as we miss them. You never know

GreenPig

I would say right now with Governor Kemp’s order to shelter in place I would not go. We all need to do our part to try and keep this thing from spreading. I fish by myself 95% of time avoiding contact with anyone around. I fish small lakes. Trolling motor only. Not many people around. But we need to do what ever we can to keep this thing from spreading.I know a lot of people are going to say they are not the problem , but as sportsmen we need to do our part and abide by the rules. I would love to go fishing, but I’ll do my part for the next few weeks to keep my family safe and stay home. Who knows after a a few weeks the fish may bite anything we throw at them , they may miss us as much as we miss them. You never know
Me not have any contact with folks while going to the lake, fishing, and going home doesn't increase my chances of getting the virus anymore than sitting home. I'm going unless my ability to launch is blocked. Supposedly open air and sunshine is good for combating viruses.

LittleDrummerBoy

Public ramps are closed.

Got a link or a source for that? My sources are still saying Balus Creek on Lanier is open.

Big7

The Oracle
Just what I heard on the news. Maybe that was something that was in the works and not implemented yet. Could have sworn I heard that? Maybe it was specific to a certain lake?

I'd check with DNR office in Social Circle if I were planning on going to a public lake. Just to be on the safe side.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
If Kemp issues his edict in line similar to Floridas we will be able to hunt and fish.
If not, then I will do everything in my power to legally ensure that this be the petty dictator's only term as Governor.

As far as Ramps being closed, I know if its USFS or Corp of Engineers they are closed. DNR/State Park/public ramps are still open.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Essential outdoor activity. Maintain social distancing.
^this^....

Got to wait to see Kemp’s order but I see it no different then Florida’s. I’ve yet to be able to find his order so if anyone finds it. Post a link. I’ve been looking hard. Should be online tomorrow.

Thank ol @1eyefishing for this tidbit...

Browning Slayer

As far as Ramps being closed, I know if its USFS or Corp of Engineers they are closed. DNR/State Park/public ramps are still open.
There’s also some private ramps on Lanier that I won’t share online except with a few of you by pm..sorry...:bounce::bounce:

Browning Slayer

I have never fished Lanier.
I know... But I would give you insider info if you were too. I fish it every week and been doing it for over 20 years. There’s not a piece of that lake I haven’t been just in the last 2 years... every cove and Creek.. .:bounce:

Browning Slayer

I know... But I would give you insider info if you were too. I fish it every week and been doing it for over 20 years. There’s not a piece of that lake I haven’t been just in the last 2 years... every cove and Creek.. .:bounce:
I’ll be out Friday and Sunday after Crappie...

Browning Slayer