Can we fish under shelter in place order?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
What will be out and by whom?
Crappie fishing on the north end of Lanier. I’ll either drop the boat in at Clark’s or Don Carter.

Browning Slayer

If you want to see something baffling, watch people go in and out of a QT and grab the bar handle. One after another after another. I don't touch it in normal times. BTW, I went fishing today and feel really good.
I have a Clorox wipe in my hand when I get out of my truck for anything.I bought toilet paper today and wiped the packages down. Then my hands and keys along with everything else. Sprayed my boots down with Lysol before I took them off outside. And hit my hand sanitizer dispenser in my garage before entering the garage. And wiped the door knob before coming in the house. I have house shoes and leaving my house shoes. My rules are way more strict. I’ll take care of my family.

So @goshenmountainman, I appreciate your concern. But I’ll stick to my way of doing things. I’m way more strict then the .gov when it comes to my families concern.

Do you wipe everything you buy at a grocery store with disinfectant? I do. Before it enters my house.

goshenmountainman

I have a Clorox wipe in my hand when I get out of my truck for anything.I bought toilet paper today and wiped the packages down. Then my hands and keys along with everything else. Sprayed my boots down with Lysol before I took them off outside. And hit my hand sanitizer dispenser in my garage before entering the garage. And wiped the door knob before coming in the house. I have house shoes and leaving my house shoes. My rules are way more strict. I’ll take care of my family.

So @goshenmountainman, I appreciate your concern. But I’ll stick to my way of doing things. I’m way more strict then the .gov when it comes to my families concern.

Do you wipe everything you buy at a grocery store with disinfectant? I do. Before it enters my house.
Didn't use to but bought groceries a couple weeks ago sprayed everything before it came into my house. Set pretty good on everything else, plenty of meat in freezer and taters in cellar. Got fifty gallons of gas, wiped entire pump down before I bought it, should have seen the looks I was getting while cleaning it. Got a chicken house wash down basin for all boots and shoes, might be overkill but I can't afford to get it with my health condition. Hope you and yours are safe, have a good day.

Browning Slayer

Didn't use to but bought groceries a couple weeks ago sprayed everything before it came into my house. Set pretty good on everything else, plenty of meat in freezer and taters in cellar. Got fifty gallons of gas, wiped entire pump down before I bought it, should have seen the looks I was getting while cleaning it. Got a chicken house wash down basin for all boots and shoes, might be overkill but I can't afford to get it with my health condition. Hope you and yours are safe, have a good day.
How much toilet paper do you have?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Crappie fishing on the north end of Lanier. I’ll either drop the boat in at Clark’s or Don Carter.

Share them crappie pics...I cant go till Sunday now, due to be called in to work tomorrow and Saturday.:banginghe

Beenslayin

Look fellers. I have read through all of these posts. I think that as long as the activity is permitted then we can do it. According to what I read in the Governors order we can go fishing as long as we practice social distancing of 6 feet. An exception being if you co habitat with some one then it doesn’t have to be six feet. So I think you may not get away with fishing in a boat with a neighbor, but your spouse or others that live in your household is ok. Matter of fact it wouldn’t be wise to take anyone that doesn’t live in your household because you don’t want to catch what they may have. As for the poster who was upset, I can see why you are not happy about this situation. These are unprecedented times and there is a lot of anxiety. This stress is going to cause a lot of tempers to flair. I am sorry and am empathetic to the gentlemen whose wife is an RN having to work in this environment. I understand why he is upset about this whole thing. That is a lot of stress and sacrifice. Thanks for the efforts you and your wife are putting into combatting this illness. At the same time those offended by his post are under a lot of stress to. Working hard to be able support their families. The whole time thinking their only relief from their own hardships is to get outdoors and go fishing. So when anything is impeding the ONE thing they have left that they can do to release their stress is at risk of not being permitted they get upset also. We all are in this together. Remember to just sit back a little and breath remember everybody has their own stress an anxieties. Lets allow each other that before we let our tempers flair. Amen brothers. We can get through it.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I’m going Saturday and using the knowledge I have gained from Dutch. I have been doing pretty good since he set me on the right path. Thanks Dutch!

Glad to hear that! I enjoy helping others to catch them slabs.
Let me know how you do.
I can't wait for Sunday to get here so I can get back on the water.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Look fellers. I have read through all of these posts. I think that as long as the activity is permitted then we can do it. According to what I read in the Governors order we can go fishing as long as we practice social distancing of 6 feet. An exception being if you co habitat with some one then it doesn’t have to be six feet. So I think you may not get away with fishing in a boat with a neighbor, but your spouse or others that live in your household is ok. Matter of fact it wouldn’t be wise to take anyone that doesn’t live in your household because you don’t want to catch what they may have. As for the poster who was upset, I can see why you are not happy about this situation. These are unprecedented times and there is a lot of anxiety. This stress is going to cause a lot of tempers to flair. I am sorry and am empathetic to the gentlemen whose wife is an RN having to work in this environment. I understand why he is upset about this whole thing. That is a lot of stress and sacrifice. Thanks for the efforts you and your wife are putting into combatting this illness. At the same time those offended by his post are under a lot of stress to. Working hard to be able support their families. The whole time thinking their only relief from their own hardships is to get outdoors and go fishing. So when anything is impeding the ONE thing they have left that they can do to release their stress is at risk of not being permitted they get upset also. We all are in this together. Remember to just sit back a little and breath remember everybody has their own stress an anxieties. Lets allow each other that before we let our tempers flair. Amen brothers. We can get through it.

Well said.

Browning Slayer

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Nicely put.....

I wanted out myself today, but have some work to do.
If all goes well I’ll be ”distancing” in a stream tomorrow morning.
Good luck everyone out enjoying the waters.

Got to agree with Goshenmountainman here folks. This thing is going to get worse quick and anything we can do to stop it I'm all for. I've got a new granddaughter and another on the way - think i'll take the weekend to grease the hubs on the boat trailer, rearrange the tackle, clean out the garage, trim the bushes, . . . . .
Y'all stay safe. We gotta hang together.

Bowyer29

How are you getting gas? Walking the dock to get in your boat? Paying to park? If you get hung on someones dock, do you go up and get your bait? Just a few ways to possibly get the bug.. if you leave your house where you know nobody has it, you are endangering your life and someone else life. Just saying they are not exactly sure what this virus can and can't do. I love to fish and hunt as much as the next guy, my boat hasn't been moved since I went to Burton first part of last week and saw all the people that are up here from the city to get away from it. If you go in stores to buy something, who is to say someone wasn't there in the last 3 hours and touched the same product you bought and they had the virus. What happens if you are the one to take it home to your wife and children? I couldn't handle giving my kids or wife something that took their life. All I am asking is for everyone to think about what they are doing and what could happen. A little time off could save your life and your families lives to. I will not say anymore, but I hope what I have said strikes home on a few people, I hope they can see a little farther than the front of their boat!
My friend, the people I manage at work collect garbage. I work with them, near them and as their manager, often for them.
I need food as a fat due and I need gas, to go get that food.
My boat sips gas as a 4 stroke. I needed gas for the lawn mower so I filled a 5 gallon can and the boat at the same exact time. I have worms but will buy more as need and hand sanitize as best I can each and every time. Before I hand over cash or my card, I wipe them down with hand sanitizer, no lie.
If God wants you, hes going to find you and get you to take you home.
Do you best to stay healthy, but don't stop living.
That's how I live, and since we live in America, you do you my friend.