Can we fish under shelter in place order?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Your a real pillar of society, everyone should be doing everything they can to stop this sickness, not looking for loopholes and making threats. What if one of your loved ones gets it from somebody doing just like you. I bet that would make you feel about as tall as a ant hill. We are all facing an uphill battle and should all be doing what we can. I am not particularly convinced that this virus is not airborne! It has spread like wildfire and some people were at home when they came down with it, so how did they get it? My wife is a RN emergency room nurse, she has been seeing it everyday, people like you sir are putting her life in danger everyday, she is not even staying at home with us, because of the fear of my son and myself catching it. So we would all appreciate you not saying negative things about something that is trying to help us all! This shelter at home rule should have been done two weeks ago, our Governor is doing a fine job! Hunting and fishing is NOT worth your life and nobody else life!

Guess what jackleg, I have to work in this mess as well... so if I want to self Isolate at the lake to relax when I an off and cant it's a big deal to me. I don't golf, golf to bars, movies and rarely out to eat... And since I fish by myself there is no chance I will catch it or transmit to others....So get off your high horse, and while you are done with that take your self righteous rant and stuff it.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Your a real pillar of society, everyone should be doing everything they can to stop this sickness, not looking for loopholes and making threats. What if one of your loved ones gets it from somebody doing just like you. I bet that would make you feel about as tall as a ant hill. We are all facing an uphill battle and should all be doing what we can. I am not particularly convinced that this virus is not airborne! It has spread like wildfire and some people were at home when they came down with it, so how did they get it? My wife is a RN emergency room nurse, she has been seeing it everyday, people like you sir are putting her life in danger everyday, she is not even staying at home with us, because of the fear of my son and myself catching it. So we would all appreciate you not saying negative things about something that is trying to help us all! This shelter at home rule should have been done two weeks ago, our Governor is doing a fine job! Hunting and fishing is NOT worth your life and nobody else life!
You are entitled to your opinion.

And I’m entitled to go fishing. If you don’t like it, then keep your opinion to yourself.

Cause I’m still working in an isolated warehouse with my employees working from home. I don’t have contact with other people and if I want to go fishing I’m not hurting anyone. It’s hard for me to spread something I don’t have.

Thanks for your concern though. I’m a big boy and and don’t need you holding my hand.

Jimmy Harris

Got a link or a source for that? My sources are still saying Balus Creek on Lanier is open.
It could change at any moment but I launched at Little Hall this afternoon and it was full of vehicles. One note: The COE hasn't actually closed any ramps due to the health issues but they have quit requiring a parking pass for the time being. Got that straight from the COE a couple of days ago.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I live ten minutes from Lake Oconee and do not have to pass a single store. I wait my turn at ramp and don’t get close to anyone. Not harming me or others. Turkey hunting the same as I live next to National Forest. You do you and I’ll do me.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I live ten minutes from Lake Oconee and do not have to pass a single store. I wait my turn at ramp and don’t get close to anyone. Not harming me or others. Turkey hunting the same as I live next to National Forest. You do you and I’ll do me.

Same here. If I`m fishing the Flint, I have access to a private ramp on a plantation that is 8 miles from my house. If I`m fishing the creek it`s on another plantation less than a mile from my house. I turkey hunt these same plantations too, and deer hunt the one closest to home. I`m not interfering nor hurting anyone getting to either.

Guess what jackleg, I have to work in this mess as well... so if I want to self Isolate at the lake to relax when I an off and cant it's a big deal to me. I don't golf, golf to bars, movies and rarely out to eat... And since I fish by myself there is no chance I will catch it or transmit to others....So get off your high horse, and while you are done with that take your self righteous rant and stuff it.

Booyakasha!

goshenmountainman

How in the world do you equate fishing to putting someone in danger? Fishing alone, with a souse, a child that is already at home, is not in any way endangering anyone else.

And its "you're"
How are you getting gas? Walking the dock to get in your boat? Paying to park? If you get hung on someones dock, do you go up and get your bait? Just a few ways to possibly get the bug.. if you leave your house where you know nobody has it, you are endangering your life and someone else life. Just saying they are not exactly sure what this virus can and can't do. I love to fish and hunt as much as the next guy, my boat hasn't been moved since I went to Burton first part of last week and saw all the people that are up here from the city to get away from it. If you go in stores to buy something, who is to say someone wasn't there in the last 3 hours and touched the same product you bought and they had the virus. What happens if you are the one to take it home to your wife and children? I couldn't handle giving my kids or wife something that took their life. All I am asking is for everyone to think about what they are doing and what could happen. A little time off could save your life and your families lives to. I will not say anymore, but I hope what I have said strikes home on a few people, I hope they can see a little farther than the front of their boat!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
The way I see it nothing is mentioned about COE or DNR ramp closures. My guess is he is letting COE handle their business.
I’ll be out tomorrow...

goshenmountainman

I am not on a high horse, or didn't claim to be, its people like you that are spreading it. You can't see past your selfish attitude, a lot of peoples lives are at stake. And you act like you don't care. Don't put the governor down, we can plainly see from your comments how you would handle the situation, we would be in worse shape. Sorry if I struck a nerve, maybe that will keep you thinking about the virus and you want get it. If it does keep you thinking my comments worked, have a good day and I hope you and your family stay safe.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
DNR Sgt. Bo Kelly said he was notified today that the shelter-in order from Gov. Brian Kemp does not affect outdoor recreation.

Kelly said fishing, boating, and other activities on the lake may continue, as long as the responsible safe-distancing recommendations are followed. He repeated the specifications that no more than 10 people can be on a boat or gathered anywhere on land or water, and that groups of fewer than 10 must keep 6-feet distance between each person.

Kelly encouraged people to continue to enjoy themselves at the lake but remain responsible to help stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.

https://www.lakeoconeenews.us/article/will-boating-be-allowed-under-shelter-place-order

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I dont have a dog in the fight, and ill probably do a little hunting and fishing myself.

Two things i have seen with my own eyes in the last week.

I saw a woman cough into her hands, proceed to pump gas in her car with out cleaning her hands.

I watched a idiot wearing a mask and gloves in the grocery store. Time to pay. He pulls the mask down to talk to the clerk. Then takes a glove off to use his credit card. Wiped his nose on his sleeve twice while having his fingers all over the card reader. He was obviously sick from something.

Be careful out there!

littlejon

I dont have a dog in the fight, and ill probably do a little hunting and fishing myself.

Two things i have seen with my own eyes in the last week.

I saw a woman cough into her hands, proceed to pump gas in her car with out cleaning her hands.

I watched a idiot wearing a mask and gloves in the grocery store. Time to pay. He pulls the mask down to talk to the clerk. Then takes a glove off to use his credit card. Wiped his nose on his sleeve twice while having his fingers all over the card reader. He was obviously sick from something.

Be careful out there!
If you want to see something baffling, watch people go in and out of a QT and grab the bar handle. One after another after another. I don't touch it in normal times. BTW, I went fishing today and feel really good.

Latest posts