God's Free and Abundant Promises for the Need of Man

BanjoPicker

Our purpose is to disprove the false and nonsensical theories in many modern churches that it is God's will for His children to suffer disease, sickness, poverty, and lack every good thing in life so as to keep them humble and continue saved to the end.

All the promises of God reveal that He has provided for man HERE AND NOW despite the curse. Ever man can enjoy to the full all the benefits of these promises if he will but surrender his life to God and get genuine new birth and live a godly life in this present world according to the gospel of Christ. Many of these things are even for the unsaved so as to prove to them that God provides for all creation in spite of their rebellion. The purpose of such goodness to the unsaved man is to lead him to repentance (Rom. 2:4) and to preserve him until he either repents or rejects God for the last time and is cut off from all eternal hope in He11. If many of these things are for the unsaved, certainly all of them are for the saved; so why should Christain's worry about which ones are for which class? Do the wise thig and get right with God and stay right with Him, so there will be no need to question what God desires you to have and how He wants you to be blessed in this life.

God created man that he might be prosperous, healthy, successful, happy, wise, and blessed with all the good things that he could wish for in this life. He created all things and gave them all to man to use for his own good and pleasure. If it were sinful for man to have these things, God would not have promised them for man to enjoy. The sin of man was not in being prosperous, healthy, and happy, but it was in eating of the forbidden fruit. The world of abundance here and now proves that God wants man to have an abundance of all good things that are here. God made enough for all and all can have they want if they will follow certain laws to get what they need. What parent is there but would desire and will for all his children the best things of life and that in abundance? Is God less loving and good than man? Jesus said, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children; how much more shall your heavenly Father give good things to them that ask him?"(Mt. 7:7-11). Certainly God will give every child of His what he wants.

BanjoPicker

The people that backslide when prosperous healthy and happy would backslide anyway; so if a few do backslide when God blesses them with prosperity, let us not lose faith in the abundant love and providence of God. One must learn to live Christain lives under all conditions of life. Some people backslide over eating, clothes, and other things of life that we must have. Shall one quit eating? Shall we go naked? Shall we quit doing every good thing in life men backslide over? shall we go conclude that such things are not the will of God because a few people backslide? Then do not argue this way about prosperity, health, and the abundant blessings of life that God wants all His children to enjoy. Stay saved and wisely use prosperity to help others and God will bless you in greater abundance.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
But are all these things of any importance!

Philippians 3
7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.

gordon 2

Maybe the suffering due the loss of all things that are to the gaining of Christ is very difficult for some and extremely difficult for others. Not everyone has the same suffering tolerance maybe? Maybe some take the "Pill" that will make suffering go away and call it a blessing even that they have no need to loose some things for Christ such that Christ is a sin magnet in his own right and so Christ covers for the losses a pilgrim cannot easily make in all cases.

Peter's prophetic discourse with and to Ananias and Sapphira might be relevant in opposition in the case you bring up Israel. But I might be wrong to you, to the body, to the faith, to Christ, to my angel I sent to pray for you and to the world.

Mathew 5:30 seems to indicate to me ( who am I however) that a pilgrim has a work to do himself in the Me and God relationship so that relationship can be all it can be.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

PROSPERITY:

"Be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law . . . turn not from it to the right hand or the to the left, THAT THOU MAYEST PROSPER WHITHERSOEVER THOU GOEST . . . . thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do all that is written therein: FOR THEN THOU SHALT MAKE THY WAY PROSPEROUS, AND THEN THOU SHALT HAVE GOOD SUCCESS" (Josh. 1:5-9); "The Lord maketh poor, and MAKETH RICH: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory" (1 Sam. 2:7, 8); "And keep the charge of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways . . . . THAT THOU MAYEST PROSPER IN ALL THAT THOU DOEST, AND WHITHERSOEVER THOU TURNEST THYSELF" (1 Kings 2:3, 4); "Both RICHES and HONOUR come of thee, and thou reignest over all and in thine hand is POWER AND MIGHT; and in thine hand it is TO MAKE GREAT, and TO GIVE STRENGTH TO ALL" (1 Chron. 29:12); "The hand of our God is upon all them FOR GOOD THAT SEEK HIM: but his power and his wrath IS AGAINST THEM THAT FORSAKE HIM" (Ezar 8:22); If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days IN PROSPERITY, and their years IN PLEASURES" (Job 36:11); Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and WHATSOEVER HE DOETH SHALL PROSPER" (Ps. 1:1-3).

BanjoPicker

In Deuteronomy alone, according to the Fenton translation the word "prosper" is used many times in place of "well with thee," as in the King James Version (Deut. 5:16, 29, 33; 6:3, 18; 19:13). In Deut. 30:15 this translation reads, "I put before you today life, and prosperity, and sin and death," Thus prosperity is promised if men will quit the sin business. It is true sinners sometimes prosper but they generally get rich through wrong dealings with their fellow men (Ps. 73).

brutally honest

“And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” - 1 Tim. 6:8-10

brutally honest

Our purpose is to disprove the false and nonsensical theories in many modern churches that it is God's will for His children to suffer disease, sickness, poverty, and lack every good thing in life so as to keep them humble and continue saved to the end.

You’re not a “health and wealth” guy, are you?

BanjoPicker

It is the trick of the devil to propagate false and slanderous ideas about God and His infinite Fatherhood in order to turn thousands of sane men away from such a God. If one will read the Bible, he can see for himself that many of these false ideas of modern teachers are entirely unscriptural. The Scriptures abundantly promise everything to man that is good and legitimate and that would be for the best enjoyment. Plain Scriptures teach that it is God's will for man to be blessed and have many things that the average church member has been led to believe are not for the child of God.

tell sackett

Only if they have no sin in their life's.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. 1John1:8,10

If sinless perfection is the standard( as you seem to put forth), then not one single one of us has a half a hallelujah’s hope of heaven.

BanjoPicker

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. 1John1:8,10

If sinless perfection is the standard( as you seem to put forth), then not one single one of us has a half a hallelujah’s hope of heaven.

1 Jn. 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanseth us from all sin

Meaning We are cleansed from all sin from the time of confession of sin (v 9) and as long as we walk in the light .

1 Jn 1:8 this is speaking of the sinner before he is saved.
1 Jn. 10 This is also speaking of a sinner. 1:Jn 2:1, 2 will back this.

BanjoPicker

REPENT WE ALL sin

Jn. 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none that but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

Jn. 8:11 She said no man Lord, and Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemned thee; go and sin no more. For Jesus to say, go and sin no more. Shows any one can live a life without sin. Jesus know that man could live without sin to say this, for he was in the flesh Himself and was tempted just as men are today, His flesh was no different than any man as then and now.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

If Christ is their life...who accuses?

Paul was/is rather emphatic about his convincing:

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And I am convinced he, too, had to be persuaded.

As long as they don't sin, They are supposed to be Christ like which had no sin if they have sin in there lives they are not like Christ. Right?

brutally honest

1 Jn. 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanseth us from all sin

Meaning We are cleansed from all sin from the time of confession of sin (v 9) and as long as we walk in the light .

1 Jn 1:8 this is speaking of the sinner before he is saved.
1 Jn. 10 This is also speaking of a sinner. 1:Jn 2:1, 2 will back this.

This is obviously wrong because ...

Sorry Newt. I forgot.

BanjoPicker

Apart from this argument there are plain promises in the New Testament concerning prosperity: "What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them" (Mk. 11:22-24); "Ask, and it shall be given you . . . for every one that asketh receiveth . . . If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children; how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? (Mt. 7:7-11).

BanjoPicker

This is obviously wrong because ...

Sorry Newt. I forgot.

Denying Christ and committing sin constitutes backsliding and makes one a sinner. " Whosoever committieth sin is the servant sin" applies to Peter as it does to everyone since. He cursed and swore and therefore had a moral fall and needed conversion as well as anyone else who would do this (Mk. 14:66-72). He went out immediately and repented and was converted (saved) again, fulfilling the prophecy of Jesus of his backsliding and conversion. Thus he was converted twice after meeting Jesus.

Do you believe these true words of the Scriptures or deny them?

"A workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Tim. 2:15).