Georgia / TCU (2023 National Championship)

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Lol... the whining from bama and osu fans this morning is hilarious. Not on here per se, but FB is covered up with whining this morning. That hit was targeting, we were better with 2 losses........ blah......blah.....blah.....
324727739_443643324529840_2652879341386668731_n.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The national championship game should be the best two teams, period. And I just don't think TCU was #2. I have no problem with a 2-loss team making it in a playoff format. Again, I'm not saying I have the answer, but what we saw last night wasn't it. Honestly, I favor an NFL-style format.

In every sport in this country except CFB rankings are determined by win/loss records. TCU earned their way into the Natty game and they proved it when they beat Michigan.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
The national championship game should be the best two teams, period. And I just don't think TCU was #2. I have no problem with a 2-loss team making it in a playoff format. Again, I'm not saying I have the answer, but what we saw last night wasn't it. Honestly, I favor an NFL-style format.
They beat Michigan, no matter if it was TCU or Michigan outcome would be the same!

One guaranteed way to be in the Natty Game.....DON'T LOSE!

bullgator

:rofl: :rofl:
But I’m the only one that had enough confidence in them to make a bet!…..even giving up the points.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
:rofl: :rofl:
But I’m the only one that had enough confidence in them to make a bet!…..even giving up the points.
So you took Jim's initial bet? Why is he still around?:pop:

bullgator

So you took Jim's initial bet? Why is he still around?:pop:
I didn’t say the bet….I said a bet. I did tell you those 2-3 stars couldn’t hang 4 quarters with Georgia’s 4-5 stars. TCU isn’t even OSU caliber talent. Those big12 schools only play offense, but rarely have good defenses. SEC teams play both sides of the ball.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Can you imagine the "SEC fatigue" and whining when we get a 12 team playoff and the final bracket of 4 is all SEC teams. It's gonna be hilariously glorious.

My guess is that in the new format THEY will try to have an SEC bracket and an All Others bracket, thereby forcing the SEC teams to kill off one another. LOL

bullgator

Yes and THEY would like to see it extended to avoid a 3 or 4 SEC team final four. LOL
I would guy you’re right. That’s when the SEC commissioner needs to have a say.