Ruger Introduces the Super Wrangler

bullgator

I just picked up a Ruger LCRx .22 mag on Friday. I shot it Saturday and called Ruger today for a return authorization.

transfixer

A bit late to the game, doesn't impress me, they should have made the wrangler available with wmr cylinders when they first released it, I've owned a couple Heritage 22's, still have a birds head 3.5 in, they work and function fine, at half the cost of that Ruger, I don't have to have collectors quality in a 22 revolver, and even if Brand name's impressed me ? Ruger isn't what it once was

Mars

My dad has a super blackhawk with a 22lr cylinder and 22mag cylinder. I think my mom bought it for him in the 70s. Other than than the cerecoat, I dont see the difference. What am I missing?

Robert28

I’ve been kinda hoping S&W would get in this game of affordable 22 revolvers but doesn’t seem like they care to mess with it.

lampern

My dad has a super blackhawk with a 22lr cylinder and 22mag cylinder. I think my mom bought it for him in the 70s. Other than than the cerecoat, I dont see the difference. What am I missing?

You mean a Single Six?

The frame of this gun is alloy not steel

Retail price is less than half of a new Single Six

Lower prices are big deal these days

22 WMR ammo has gone way up in cost though and

today handgun hunters want scopes and red dots

And not open sights for hunting or self defense

bullgator

I think the frame material is aluminum, or magnesium, or some other lesser material.

Gator89

I think the frame material is aluminum, or magnesium, or some other lesser material.

• AVAILABILITY: AVAILABLE
  • MODEL NUMBER: 2033
  • CALIBER: 22 LR / 22 WMR
  • GripsCheckered Synthetic
  • Front SightRamp
  • Rear SightAdjustable
  • Barrel Length5.50"
  • Overall Length11"
  • Weight37.7 oz.
  • Capacity6
  • Cylinder Frame Finish Silver Cerakote®
  • Cylinder Frame MaterialAlloy Steel
  • Twist1:14" RH
  • Grooves6
  • Available in CAYes
  • Available in MANo
  • UPC7-36676-02033-1
  • Suggested Retail$329.00

Big7

The Oracle
I think Diamondback and Heritage kind of forced their hand on that.
I have a 6" Heritage with wood grip and fixed sights.

I would rather had adjustable sights but the Heritage had fiber optics and they sit high for my taste.

Haven't shot it enough to be accurate yet but I'm happy with the quality and finish. I think Ruger bought them too.

Mine has the 22 LR and 22 WMR cylinders. They are very substantial and have nice engraving.

Mars

You mean a Single Six?

The frame of this gun is alloy not steel

Retail price is less than half of a new Single Six

Lower prices are big deal these days

22 WMR ammo has gone way up in cost though and

today handgun hunters want scopes and red dots

And not open sights for hunting or self defense
My mistake. It is a single six.