Super Wrangler 22lr / 22wmr

Gator89

Ruger has a recently new offering, a Super Wrangler 22lr / 22wmr convertible.

The Super Wrangler comes with adjustable sights as opposed to the fixed sights of the Wrangler.

Seems to be a nice little revolver for under 3 bills if you shop around.

Attachments

• 20230623_164631.jpg
    20230623_164631.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 43

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good looking revolver….

Big7

The Oracle
Like I always say, you can't go wrong with a Ruger. They are right up there near the top.
If not THE top.

I already had the Rough Rider before the Wrangler was offered with 2 cylinders.

Ruger did that because the Rough Rider was eating into their business.

I like the detent cylinder stop on the Rough Rider because it makes the ejector rod line up with the cylinder. That's actually faster to empty the cylinder IMO.

And the Rough Rider is a pretty sweet little gun and 100$ less than the Ruger.

bullgator

I think the Super Wrangler is in response to the Diamondback 22/.22mag which looks like a single action but can be fired double.

Big7

The Oracle
Has anyone shot the adjustable rear sight on the Ruger Super Wrangler yet? How did it do?

And... Is the frame steel? I think the Rough Rider is Zinc but not sure. Feels heavier than aluminum tho.

transfixer

Ruger seems to be a bit slow in keeping up with what gun owners want apparently ? they didn't come out with the Wrangler until the Heritage 22 had become a big hit on the market , and then they only came out with a 22lr version ? instead of one that would shoot both ? The adjustable sights are a great addition to this model, but why couldn't they have come out with this a few years ago ? I've had a couple of Heritage's for a few years now, and my favorite is a 3.5 inch birds head grip model, and having both cylinders gives me the ability to have a short barreled quick handling version in 22 magnum, which Ruger doesn't make ,,, smh

Gator89

Has anyone shot the adjustable rear sight on the Ruger Super Wrangler yet? How did it do?

And... Is the frame steel? I think the Rough Rider is Zinc but not sure. Feels heavier than aluminum tho.

Yes, the frame is made of a steel alloy.

rosewood

I have fondled the Ruger Wrangler several times. It is MUCH nicer than the Heritage Rough Rider.

If I didn't already have a Single Six, I'd own one.

With the WMR option and adj sights, I still might...
I have the Heritage convertible with both cylinders. Mine has fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear. Has always shot fine to me. Finished off many pigs in traps with it. :)

Seems like I got it for about $130 at Academy back in maybe 2012 or so. Ended up getting a free holster because there was a scratch on the grip and it was the display model. :) The grips on mine are a laminated looking color with greens and browns. Really nice looking.

Rosewood

edit: Just looked up, they call it the "camo" grip.

Last edited:

Latest posts