Do trail cameras belong on public land?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
That kid has the "what's wrong with you?" look on his face. Much like me anytime someone says they like snow. ::ke:
Coldest I think I have ever been involved a drizzle and @ 40 degrees, brutal, couldn't warm up.

Been out in negative temps with a wind, G2G all day and doesn't compare to the rain and cold temps.

That's just me though

turkeykirk

I’m sure texting while huntin may fall in that category.
Hey Billy just saw a buck. Maybe headed your way. Billy is already looking. And they just texting.
I do that to my buddy when I’m bored. Love to get his heart racing. :biggrin2: :rofl:

Tight Lines

I do that to my buddy when I’m bored. Love to get his heart racing. :biggrin2: :rofl:
I sometimes grab photos from the manufacturers sites and send them to my buddy and say, this guy was on the camera just up the creek from you...except it's an upper Midwest deer about 1000 miles away and not my camera...

He always responds lightning fast...

:)

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I like and approve the use of trail cameras, but agree that a cell camera is a communication device and is illegal. When I get one one day, it’ll be “illegally approved” I suppose…..if I ever do. I’ve thought about it and my wife who’s an anti even thinks I should have one……I don’t know where I’d put it though. Just my .02 Carry on

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Don't fall for the fear mongering among some here.
Trail cameras are legal for use on public in georgia where there is no expectation of privacy.
As of now there is no distinction between cellular and chip cameras.

Glenn

Seems to me there are bigger issues to worry about. That being said I do not use cameras at all anymore. I have built my own trail cameras in the past before there were any commercial cameras available and only on a private lease.

I do think there are way to many of them on public land and here in Florida the FWC puts out just as many as the public.

I'm a commercial photographer and most people do not realize that when you are out in the public realm (woods or town) there are really no laws against people photographing you. There might be certain situations, but street photography is a thing and I do it myself during events and concerts.

Basically if you are out in public your privacy is not protected most of the time.

Holy moly if you read this whole thread, you have no life!

Do trail cameras belong in WMA's.

Yes. ITS YOUR LAND! ENJOY! There are low life humans that think it's "their" land cause they live close. Don't let them ruin your hunt. Do you and when they get around, treat trash like trash and move on.

Tight Lines

Here is the actual text of the law on 'electronic communications equipment'

GA Code § 27-3-12 (2022)

Interpret that how you will.
That's meant for radios and cell phones for driving game to a hunter. That's not fair chase. Having a camera in the woods is rarely going to help you get that deer, especially if you go barreling in there after it. And if you are already sitting in the stand and it comes by, it didn't help you. So really, who cares? You do you, I'll do me.

BTW your link is to something else vs. the code you are trying to represent...

People just need to hunt, and enjoy the outdoors...who cares if they don't do it the way I do...I really only care about unethical hunters giving us all a bad name, the rest is personal preference...

Get outside and have fun!

HermanMerman

I'd argue it could be interpreted to apply to cell cameras sending real time pictures.

Its not 1977 anymore when it was enacted

I haven’t hunted public land for a long time and I don’t own any trail cameras. Looking at that 100% objectively, I don’t see how you could interpret that any other way.

Jim Boyd

Mercy…….

Saw the size of this thread and figured it was years old.

Wrong!

I read the first page and bailed.

Carry on, folks - I got no dog in this one.

cowhornedspike

I'd argue it could be interpreted to apply to cell cameras sending real time pictures.

Its not 1977 anymore when it was enacted
When there are folks being charged with this "crime" I'll start worrying about it. Until then...