WYAY 106.7 going oldies .....

Holton

Rodney Ho
As we all expected, Citadel is going oldies (Scott Shannon's True Oldies 106.7) after the NASCAR race Sunday. No word about Imus in the press release, though. And also, Dallas is joining Cadillac in mornings on Kicks.

“Radio listeners in the Atlanta area searching for their favorite hits from the past have been without a home for far too long and we’re very pleased to be filling that void,” said Mark Richards, Operations Manager of WYAY-FM, in the release. “With playlists that include the popular, fun sounds of the ‘60s and ‘70s, we’ll be providing music’s greatest hits to our audience on a daily basis.”

NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing can still be heard live on True Oldies 106.7 every weekend during racing season, and Citadel Broadcasting will continue to super serve Atlanta’s country listeners on sister station, KICKS 1015, where Dallas McCade, long-time Eagle on-air personality, will join Cadillac Jack in mornings.

Fans of the country format previously airing on WYAY-FM will soon be able to hear those music selections on the station’s HD-2 channel.

More stuff

Imus in the Morning Returns to Atlanta Radio

NEW YORK (Mar. 7, 2008) - ABC Radio Networks announced today that the Imus in the Morning radio program will return to Atlanta airwaves on the new True Oldies 106.7 beginning Monday morning, March 10. The Citadel-owned station recently made the switch in formats to True Oldies and will now be adding the highest-profile morning show in the country for the all-important morning drive time slot. The show is hosted by legendary broadcaster Don Imus and launched on December 3, 2007 from flagship station WABC in New York. Imus in the Morning is syndicated nationally by the ABC Radio Networks and airs from 6 – 9 a.m. EST.

“We’re thrilled to add Imus to our lineup as we wake up the movers and shakers in Atlanta,” said Mark Richards, Operations Manager and Program Director of True Oldies 106.7. “This is a great fit for us and we know Imus will bring new listeners to the station who will stick around for the new mix of oldies we’ll be playing the rest of the day.”

Last edited:

WilcoSportsman

So no more Southern Fried Saturday nights?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Atlanta radio has went crazy the past few years:banginghe

RackNBeardOutdoors

To bad they are gone, but I don't mind Oldies, it's better than getting another Mexican channel.

Also, glad IMUS is back, he hasn't said anything worse than Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton

Clear Channel Broadcasting cleaned house!!!!!!!!!!

Rhubbard is gone.......(Eagle 1067)

Steve Mitchell is gone........(Eagle 1067)

Kristen Gates is gone.........(Kicks 1015)

Jim Vann is gone........(Kicks 1015)

Wylie Rose is gone......(Kicks 1015)

Both Radio stations are owned by Clear Channel...........

Starting tomorrow (I think) Cadillac Jack and Dallas McCade with be on Kicks 1015.......

And, as stated Eagle 1067 will be oldies.......

I hate to see anyone lose their jobs.......I've been there.......It's not something I wish on anyone.

It doesn't really matter to me now.........

I've got Sirius Satelite and it's been weeks since I've listened to regular radio...........

Man, that Satelite Radio is good stuff!!!!!!!!

R

redneckcamo

sounds good too me ....except i dont get it all good all the time ...so o well ..

centerc

they should have let Rubarb have a farewell show.Just letting him go shows a lack of respect

WilcoSportsman

What station will carry NASCAR now?

Craig Knight

Also, glad IMUS is back, he hasn't said anything worse than Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton[/QUOTE]

yeah but he's white!!:bounce: Had to say it just had to. Wheres Rhubarb going to?

Firethorn

Who cares... If I want to hear oldies I'll keep listening to willys place on XM. Don't have to listen to all the commercials either...

Sargent

Clear Channel Broadcasting cleaned house!!!!!!!!!!

Both Radio stations are owned by Clear Channel...........

Both radio stations are owned by Citadel who purchased ABC Radio a while back.

ClearChannel owns 96.1, 94.9, 105.3, 105.7, 96.7 and 640am. They pretty much cleaned house last year.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Dang it. :banginghe

Now I've only got 2 country stations that come in clear in Atlanta. :cry: What is the world coming too? :flag:

Darrell

Holton

I think I'm gonna like the change for as long as it last. I'm sure they didn't put oldies on there because we might enjoy. Probably it is the least expensive.

There are plenty of country stations left.

They could have done something else than i man though.

Last edited: