WYAY 106.7 going oldies .....

StriperAddict

I'll be elfiii is already got it tuned in!

Me too for the oldies :cool:

But keep Imus. Overpaid grump who was funny in the 1970's but stinks now.

Sarge.....

Both radio stations are owned by Citadel who purchased ABC Radio a while back.

ClearChannel owns 96.1, 94.9, 105.3, 105.7, 96.7 and 640am. They pretty much cleaned house last year.

OOPPPSS!!!!!!!!!

My bad......

I thought it was Clear Channel that owned them.......Thanks for clearing it up..........

gadeerwoman

I managed to gag my way thru 20 minutes of Imus this morning before I had to switch stations. At least Dallas is on Kicks in the mornings now...but that Cadillac dude is gonna take some getting used to. Didn't hear much personality from him today.

alphachief

I managed to gag my way thru 20 minutes of Imus this morning before I had to switch stations. At least Dallas is on Kicks in the mornings now...but that Cadillac dude is gonna take some getting used to. Didn't hear much personality from him today.

Good gosh...could Imus of sucked up any more to the black audience this morning. Seemed like the entire show was focused on him proving he was a good "open minded" radio host.

Sutallee

There likely is not one real person still working at that studio. All the programming will be bought from outside sources and fed to the Atlanta station. This is the wave of the future. Before long, there will be no local radio, and every station will be programmed from a handful of sources. It's a lot cheaper to pay for effluvia like Imus than it is to pay real people to put good programming on the air. It's all a matter of dollars.

kudzumotorsports

Cadillac is ok he's kind of more atlantian than I like. I switched to cledus on 94.9........then there is always moby on 107.1 out of rome ...but hes just too noisey for me.

Lostoutlaw

Cadillac is ok he's kind of more atlantian than I like. I switched to cledus on 94.9........then there is always moby on 107.1 out of rome ...but hes just too noisey for me.

Yea we got noisey ole moby down here on 92.9 in Griffin he thinks and lives to be a stupid no it all...But he does give time to the children and let them pledge everymorning...
And does play a church song in the morns also

fussyray

Imus, I would rather have a root canal!!
:stir::stir::stir:

Jeff Phillips

Rhubarb is gonna be on Kicks Friday morning with Dallas and Cadillac.

I REALLY hate to see Rhubarb leave!

He did a lot of work for lukemia research in Georgia and as many of you know, that is real close to my heart.

My wife was on his show a couple of times to help put things in perspective.

He is a good man!

Holton

Spiff Carner signs with 106.7

Here's the press release:

ATLANTA’S TRUE OLDIES CHANNEL 106.7FM
COMPLETES ON-AIR STAFF

ATLANTA, GA (August 4, 2008) – TRUE OLDIES 106.7FM announces its complete on-air lineup beginning Monday, August 11th. The weekday lineup includes the Imus in the Morning Show mornings from 6a-9a, Scott Shannon from 9a-3p, and Freddie Brooks featuring Spiff Carner afternoons from 3p-8p.

Atlanta’s TRUE OLDIES 106.7FM is playing a broad list of rock-and-roll hits from the 60’s and 70’s presented by one of the most experienced group of personalities to ever hit the air in Atlanta. It all starts with national talk show host, Don Imus, who presents one of the most listened-to news programs through a network of stations coast-to-coast. The midday program host is Radio Hall-of-Famer, Scott Shannon, who has made a career of playing the best rock-and-roll hits of all time. Scott serves as the music director of True Oldies, showcasing a wide variety of the biggest hits from the 60’s and 70’s. Afternoon personality, Freddie Brooks, member of the Nebraska Radio Hall of Fame, and bass guitar player in a local band, is joined by long-time Atlanta personality Spiff Carner. Spiff was with Atlanta’s original Oldies station, FOX 97, for more than fifteen years.

“You cannot imagine how excited I am to be joining the team at TRUE OLDIES 106.7,” stated Spiff Carner. “I’ve been listening to the station since they signed on, and I am amazed at the incredible number of songs they have in the library. This is what an Oldies station should sound like! After nine months of sleeping late, I’m well rested and looking forward to meeting the listeners, playing tons of the greatest music ever produced, and once again having FUN on the radio.”

Freddie Brooks, afternoons on TRUE OLDIES 106.7 says, “I am absolutely thrilled to be on the air at TRUE OLDIES playing the great music I grew up with! Now to have Spiff joining me for a few hours each day, it’s going to be that much more fun!”

“We are delighted to have Spiff join Freddie Brooks in the afternoon. While many listeners are new to TRUE OLDIES 106.7, many more will appreciate how important Freddie and Spiff are to this great format. We’ll all enjoy a rock-and-roll education with a little fun each weekend afternoon on our drive home,” said Operations Manager, Mark Richards.

gadeerwoman

Yea Spiff ! Use to love listening to Randy and Spiff. Guess I need to change my dial again. What they call "country" now is getting on my nerves. Country now days is old pop.

Wishin I was Fishin

Yea Spiff ! Use to love listening to Randy and Spiff. Guess I need to change my dial again. What they call "country" now is getting on my nerves. Country now days is old pop.

Fair enough. But when i'm not listening to a CD or something that's what i've learned to listen to. What other options are there anymore? :banginghe

Wishin I was Fishin

no imus for me. B98.5 is pretty good drive time.

on the 'net "cafecody.com" is a good feed if ya like background music.

it ain't southern rock, but it's uplifting. :bounce:

:bounce:

Yep. like i said though, usually it's CD, Tape, ipod or talk radio. Sometimes i'll listen to 94.9 the bull or 106.1 in the mornings though.