Can we fish under shelter in place order?

Snichols1

If the gov wants people to stay as far apart as possible they should keep as many ramps and access points open as possible.

My goal when fishing is to stay as far away from other people as possible.
The issue is not the ones that enjoy fishing rather the stay at homes that are bored and looking to get out and have a good time on the lake. I went out of War Hill yesterday and even as windy and cool as it was I had two kids on jet skis buzzing around like flies on a fresh pile.

LittleDrummerBoy

As far as Ramps being closed, I know if its USFS or Corp of Engineers they are closed. DNR/State Park/public ramps are still open.

Source? Just checked the USACE map that lists ramp status. As of minutes ago, the Balus Creek ramp on Lanier was listed as OPEN.

Attachments

• BalusOpen.JPG
    BalusOpen.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 17

Bullhound

What we've found down here at Lake Seminole is any landing with a park is closed. If it's JUST a ramp...it's been open.

Order effective Friday, full details pending.
Kemp mentioned Enforcement Actions will be taken for non-compliance but again, it’s in the details.

specialk

only if you got a license and drink no beer.....anyway the chinese virus can not be transmitted over open water....saw it on facebook....

goshenmountainman

If Kemp issues his edict in line similar to Floridas we will be able to hunt and fish.
If not, then I will do everything in my power to legally ensure that this be the petty dictator's only term as Governor.

As far as Ramps being closed, I know if its USFS or Corp of Engineers they are closed. DNR/State Park/public ramps are still open.
Your a real pillar of society, everyone should be doing everything they can to stop this sickness, not looking for loopholes and making threats. What if one of your loved ones gets it from somebody doing just like you. I bet that would make you feel about as tall as a ant hill. We are all facing an uphill battle and should all be doing what we can. I am not particularly convinced that this virus is not airborne! It has spread like wildfire and some people were at home when they came down with it, so how did they get it? My wife is a RN emergency room nurse, she has been seeing it everyday, people like you sir are putting her life in danger everyday, she is not even staying at home with us, because of the fear of my son and myself catching it. So we would all appreciate you not saying negative things about something that is trying to help us all! This shelter at home rule should have been done two weeks ago, our Governor is doing a fine job! Hunting and fishing is NOT worth your life and nobody else life!

littlejon

Your a real pillar of society, everyone should be doing everything they can to stop this sickness, not looking for loopholes and making threats. What if one of your loved ones gets it from somebody doing just like you. I bet that would make you feel about as tall as a ant hill. We are all facing an uphill battle and should all be doing what we can. I am not particularly convinced that this virus is not airborne! It has spread like wildfire and some people were at home when they came down with it, so how did they get it? My wife is a RN emergency room nurse, she has been seeing it everyday, people like you sir are putting her life in danger everyday, she is not even staying at home with us, because of the fear of my son and myself catching it. So we would all appreciate you not saying negative things about something that is trying to help us all! This shelter at home rule should have been done two weeks ago, our Governor is doing a fine job! Hunting and fishing is NOT worth your life and nobody else life!
I know you didn't post this for a thank you but please tell your wife that this fisherman much appreciates what she and your family is sacrificing. My daughter is a RN on the front line and lives with us and my granddaughter. We had that talk today about separating until this is over. For a Mom to say goodbye to the kids for some time is tough.

Bowyer29

How in the world do you equate fishing to putting someone in danger? Fishing alone, with a spouse, a child that is already at home, is not in any way endangering anyone else.

And its "you're"

Last edited:

jocko755

Yes praise to all the health care workers on the front line. Hero's for sure. I can wait for fishing. I have plenty of honey do items to get done.

bvi

in order to stop sickness - close those packed grocery stores ( infected, ill folks are going there no matter of what) and deliver food to every single household. Going to a lake or woods to get a food is considered so dangerous now :) will see how domestic violence, child abuse, opioid overdoses, suicide rate will jump in very short period vs that Chinese virus hysteria.