Heard County

toolmkr20

Great bucks Dustin. I had to go pull all my cameras for the next couple months. Timber company finally decided to start cutting after telling us months ago that they would be done. They were supposed to start in May and just started cutting two days ago. Kinda sucks that they won’t be done until gun season. Guess I’ll be doing my bow hunting at West Point and Corp land this year. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Great bucks Dustin. I had to go pull all my cameras for the next couple months. Timber company finally decided to start cutting after telling us months ago that they would be done. They were supposed to start in May and just started cutting two days ago. Kinda sucks that they won’t be done until gun season. Guess I’ll be doing my bow hunting at West Point and Corp land this year. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

I wouldn’t be too sad. The best year we’ve ever had is the year my landowner cut timber. You could watch deer walk around the tractors as soon as they cut them off in the evenings.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yep deer are definitely use to timber cutting in Ga .

ehunt

My big 6 is back. Acorns everywhere right now. They’ve slowed down at the feeders. Loggers are hard at it on half our farm. Hasn’t seem to bothered the deer much on other half.

Attachments

• 6FDAF5C3-6FB0-4590-B5FF-D1E12E58E41F.jpeg
    6FDAF5C3-6FB0-4590-B5FF-D1E12E58E41F.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 15

toolmkr20

The loggers started back on our property today. I hunt behind the Middle School off 100. They pulled out for several weeks and was hoping they were done for the season but nope. Oh well is what it is.

Jay Hughes

Still can’t get in our gate where the tornado came through. It completely destroyed my area. So, I am out club money and I have gone fishing.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
The loggers started back on our property today. I hunt behind the Middle School off 100. They pulled out for several weeks and was hoping they were done for the season but nope. Oh well is what it is.
So do you hunt the 820 acres that is for sale behind the school?

ehunt

Welp guys so far tonight I’ve had 4 different bucks show up on my cell cams. Last week had 3 new ones show up. My steady residents have returned to pounding the feeders hard, even though the red oaks are still raining down.

Buckhead

Rut seems to be over. At least on our lease near Corinth. Deer sightings way down since Thanksgiving. Hoping for a secondary rut.