10/20 AM

ssramage

Anyone else playing hooky from work today?

First solo hunt of the year for me. I'll have my boys the rest of the weekend in the stand with me. Set up in one of our powerline stands on the club. Not sure what to expect as it's been a couple years since I've hunted this stand. We've had a lot of clear cutting and the hogs are terrible on our place right now. It may just turn into a hog hunt if one steps out.

Ace1313

Back in Bullard Creek with my brother. I had a buck come by about 10 minutes before legal. He was 5 yds from the stand. Daylight now. About 8 shots so far including the direction the buck I saw was headed.

Upland pines off a bottom near the river.

REMINGTON710

I’m up in the same spot on the island as yesterday. Had one work by while it was still dark and then another one about 730. I’m not going to be too picky today, wouldn’t mind getting home at a decent time tomorrow to process the one I already have down. Much less shooting this morning compared to yesterday

REMINGTON710

Shooting has picked up. I shot one early but don’t feel great about it. She walked away carrying the opposite leg:huh: had a big bodied buck slip through a few minutes ago but until I go look for the first deer I have to assume I’m tagged out.
Looking for some bacon to stroll on by.

Got in later than I wanted this morning and made it to a tree I liked after some quick scouting this am on public. On the way up the tree I spooked a deer who was not more than 20 yards from me. All I saw was tail running off. Anyway, a deer seen us a good day for me.

slow motion

Shooting has picked up. I shot one early but don’t feel great about it. She walked away carrying the opposite leg:huh: had a big bodied buck slip through a few minutes ago but until I go look for the first deer I have to assume I’m tagged out.
Looking for some bacon to stroll on by.
Good luck on the track.

REMINGTON710

Nothing seen after the buck. Looked for the deer but couldn’t find her.

Latest posts