$1000 a shot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bbshot

Does this make anyone else think of O Brother Where Art Thou when babyface george nelson cut down on the cows with a tommy gun? "Cows! I hate cows worse than coppers":shoot::rofl:

bombers32

If anyone on here believes this guy knew he was shooting a cow and still pull the trigger, well i am going to throw the bull Flag on this one!!!!!!!!! Just about like the night shooter knew they were shooting a friend of mine's generator on his irrigation, that cost 1300 to fix..........this is just a plot to make it sound not as bad as it should!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjie Boswell

This moron got off cheap, or it was a cow that wasn't much of a producer. Be really glad that you guys got off as easy as you did. I wonder what a herd of 200 cows looks like in thermal imaging?

Redbug

Just wondering BigRed...As a guide you talk to all your customers beforehand about how to use the equipment, safety, and such. And a general plan as to how the night is going to go. How do you screen out the yahoos? Have you ever turned any down? After this happening...what have you learned and how can you avoid people like that in the future? I know it's hard to make a judgment on someone in just a few minutes, but there's got to be some way to single the wackos out... It's a good way to get someone killed.

Jester896

Senior Clown
If anyone on here believes this guy knew he was shooting a cow and still pull the trigger, well i am going to throw the bull Flag on this one!!!!!!!!! Just about like the night shooter knew they were shooting a friend of mine's generator on his irrigation, that cost 1300 to fix..........this is just a plot to make it sound not as bad as it should!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has your flag come back down yet...
both of those things sound pretty bad to me...did your friends generator get shot when the shooter turned 45º and fired knowing it was cows or was it simply inexperience and not realizing if he moved another 1/4" he would hit the box 500 yd away that was 2+ feet to the left...

Cottontail

All jokes to the side. I wouldn't ever go in the woods hunting with that guy, someone that excited could kill a man and never know it till it was to late. !!!!! The DNR should take his hunting rights before he kills someone!!!

ELIWAITS

Banned
Just wondering BigRed...As a guide you talk to all your customers beforehand about how to use the equipment, safety, and such. And a general plan as to how the night is going to go. How do you screen out the yahoos? Have you ever turned any down? After this happening...what have you learned and how can you avoid people like that in the future? I know it's hard to make a judgment on someone in just a few minutes, but there's got to be some way to single the wackos out... It's a good way to get someone killed.

ill bet he only takes hunters whose money is green i have also noticed he jumped out of this thread like it was on fire something he should have done about 10 minutes before punching the "submit" button

bigreddwon

I talk to ALL of my clients before we hunt. Usually several times. They generally have a few questions and want to know what to expect on the hunt.. When they show up, we eat a home cooked meal and talk, we go over where we will be hunting and anything that might be of special importance to each property. Then we have a safety brief and range time before we leave for he hunt. During the hunt the weapons are in he truckVault until he guide or customer spots pigs. Then we gear up and begin the stalk. It's as controlled as it can be. I haven't had anyone I FELT unsafe with. Even the guy in question was very safe, and followed all instructions, except the part about not shooting the cows. I love what I do, and. Don't make allot of money, it's not about that. We donated over 30 nights last year to Disabled Vets, NRA, SCI,and random folks we wanted to share the experience with that we knew couldn't afford it. If I had someone I felt unsafe with or that just wouldn't follow instructions, I would not Hunt with them.

Last edited:

Redbug

BigRed...That's about all you can do. And I would even say that's a little more than many other outfitters would do.

About the Disabled Vets...we invite them out to my club each year for a hunt. We make up blinds on the ground for the wheelchair bound. That's a really great thing. Even invited and had some police and firefighters down from NYC, (after 911), the next season to hunt with us, too, (10 years ago?...where does the time go?). It was a great experience. You don't think of all these people as hunters...but many of them are.

By the way I just recently stumbled across these GON forums and signed up...and what a great bunch of people! Years ago, when I lived in Waycross, I used to subscribe to Georgia Outdoor News.

ELIWAITS

Banned
. Even the guy in question was very safe, and followed all instructions, except the part about not shooting the cows.

what a statement! it reminds me of the time when we were kids when all of my late playmates did so well playing toss with hand grenades except for the part about not pulling the pin:O:O

Ohoopee Tusker

I've always wondered what type of person would pay so much money to shoot a wild hog. When it's easy enough to hunt them on public land. I think this tread pretty much answered my question. To each their own I guess, but that guy is a danger.

EricG

I've always wondered what type of person would pay so much money to shoot a wild hog. When it's easy enough to hunt them on public land. I think this tread pretty much answered my question. To each their own I guess, but that guy is a danger.

I'm the type... I drove from Wisconsin down to Hals place in GA just to hunt hogs. I chose him because he was great to deal with on the phone and by email and explained in detail how things worked before I booked with him, as a customer I would never hunt with someone I didn't think cared about safety.
It might be easy for you guys to find/hunt hogs, but being from 18 hours away makes it a little more difficult! The hog hunt was my first time ever hunting with a guide, and I couldn't have been happier.
(ps...I'm not the one that shot the cow!)

Jester896

Senior Clown
I'm the type... I drove from Wisconsin down to Hals place in GA just to hunt hogs. I chose him because he was great to deal with on the phone and by email and explained in detail how things worked before I booked with him, as a customer I would never hunt with someone I didn't think cared about safety.
It might be easy for you guys to find/hunt hogs, but being from 18 hours away makes it a little more difficult! The hog hunt was my first time ever hunting with a guide, and I couldn't have been happier.
(ps...I'm not the one that shot the cow!)

I can see all of that...what I don't see is the public land that is available you can to and do a N/V or Thermal hunt on hogs...a sit, stand, or stalk maybe

Self control to Major Tom!

I like that:bounce:...see humor can be found in a major catastrophe

mtr3333

Banned
"I like that...see humor can be found in a major catastrophe"

People would not be funny. There is no way that idiot would be anywhere near me... commencing countdown engines on!

jayrun

WOW,

Some of you are some very judgemental people reminds me of some Pharicees in the bible stories.

This guy made a mistake , owned up to it and paid the price. Was it a stupid mistake well yeah but come on you act like he murdered his wife and personally nailed baby Jesus to the cross himself.

I wouldn't want to associate with any of you that cant forgive someone of a honest to God mistake, much less hunt with you.

I would for sure make sure this guy had learned from his mistake and to be honest this will make him a safer more concientious hunter in the future and is probably one of the safest people to hunt with now.

Now Eli I don't know you but from your posts it sure as heck looks like you have some kind of agenda and are pushing it here, how bout stepping into the light with what this is really about? Do you got a personal beef with Bigredwon? Do you not like Night hunting, thermal sights, hog hunting in general? Be honest if you got a beef then state it like a man.

I hope your business does not suffer bigred and thanks to all of you that support veterans it means a lot even if we never go on the hunts to know people still give a crap about what we did.

Hopefully some of this self rightousness seen in this thread will turn into circumspection instead.

Jayrun

Status
Not open for further replies.