?

Blackston

This is moon for
November , red dots are the bucks on my wall 16 th of November is my favorite ( 2 bucks different years ) With the full moon that week should I stick to what’s worked or adjust , when I take time off this year ? Opinions input plz

Attachments

• CAF849A0-F700-410F-849D-98CF04A25C59.jpeg
    CAF849A0-F700-410F-849D-98CF04A25C59.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 104

mrskinner82

19th has been a good number for me over the years. I will probably be in the woods all that week and thanksgiving week.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Here in Cherokee Co, I have the 15th noted as peak rut…….I have a video from years back which is how I remember

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
IMO they do the same thing every year around the same time whether no moon or full and hot or cold.I’m off the week before thanksgiving and I’ll be in the stand like past yrs

This. ^

Sixes

If I can be in the stand on any day between Halloween and Thanksgiving, I will be there.

I hunt whatever the moon phase is that day. I've killed my biggest bucks around the 9-13, but I have seen rutting and chasing and killed bucks from Halloween to Thanksgiving.

Don't overthink the moon, just hunt.

Sixes

Here in Cherokee Co, I have the 15th noted as peak rut…….I have a video from years back which is how I remember
Interesting, I see more chasing in Cherokee (Ball Ground) area in late November and early December.

But, I see more in south Cherokee during the middle of the month.

earlthegoat2

It’s possible too much thought is being put into all of this….

See you in the woods.

Jim Boyd

The rut is the same every year.

I hunt the peak.

In two states.

Good luck.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I've got the 1st week of Nov off. I'm in Wilkes. I'm loving the new moon that week. But I was going to hunt for 9 days regardless. I just got lucky I think with the moon. Never changes my schedule! When I take the week off, I don't get out of the stand much. Sammiches are made the night before!!

HUNT BABY!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
November 14 has been good to me. All of the teens in November. With that said I have seen them chasing them chasing everyday of the hunting season. They are putting scrapes down now. Never know what may happen. Time in the woods pays off.
I wouldn’t change a thing. Hunt just like you have.

P6smSKC

Where I used to hunt in Meriwether, I shot my two biggest bucks the last week of October. Last year was day before Halloween, and 4 years before that was the 27th. But I have also killed good ones the first part of November

jhanie79

Traditionally I've killed my best the last week of October. But last year I killed my biggest ever Nov 14

dang

DANG !!!
I’ve always liked Nov 4th. Agree though, Halloween to Thanksgiving, every opportunity should be maximized. It can happen at any moment… it’s on you to be present when it does. Can’t kill em from the couch!
For what it’s worth, my rut vacation week this year will be nov 6th - 14th. West-Middle Georgia

hikingthehills

I’ve always liked Nov 4th. Agree though, Halloween to Thanksgiving, every opportunity should be maximized. It can happen at any moment… it’s on you to be present when it does. Can’t kill em from the couch!
For what it’s worth, my rut vacation week this year will be nov 6th - 14th. West-Middle Georgia
My biggest buck was on November 4th. I took that whole week off this year.

stringmusic

If I can be in the stand on any day between Halloween and Thanksgiving, I will be there.

Don't overthink the moon, just hunt.
^^^^ this is the correct answer.

Latest posts