12/1 All Day

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Just started here, got my water proof gear on, going to wait it out. If it gets too bad, my blind is close

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
In the blind now, started raining pretty good

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
11/87 with a rifled barrel.
Illinois doesn't allow buckshot
I was wondering if u where hunt up that way. You can get some pretty good range with it. It’s the beast when it hits.
Best of luck on getting a trophy!

Ps. Show us the hit. :bounce:

flatwoods

I was wondering if u where hunt up that way. You can get some pretty good range with it. It’s the beast when it hits.
Best of luck on getting a trophy!

Ps. Show us the hit. :bounce:
Yeah it's bad at 100. 150 shouldn't be any problem.
I switched to Remington Accutips. They group better than Hornady in this gun.
I have already decided to see what it does to a big doe tomorrow.
I have killed deer with it before. It does the job.

Dupree

Got to the wma about 10:00. Drove to several areas I wanted to go and there was multiple trucks. Found a spot with no trucks at the gate. Walked in the road close to half a mile then started still hunting through the woods looking for somewhere to sit for the rest of the day. Heard a buck grunting and I caught bits and pieces of movement in a bottom 150 yards away. Made my way down a hill and set up my millennium tree seat. Grunted a few times as soon as I got settled. I texted a buddy where I was at and told him I was only gonna sit there until 1:30-2 because I was so far from the truck. I looked up and saw a deer. Got my binos up and saw it was an 8 point. I watched him about 20 seconds and decided to shoot him. I regret it. Not because he is a young deer, but because as I type this I’m just now getting back to my truck. The track I just loaded to get back to the deer is .71 miles. About to eat a salmon patty and head back in with my sled. This will be a deer drag I won’t soon forget.

Low service, can’t get pics to load.